Vic Edelbrock Jr. - R.I.P

The son of the founder (Vic Edelbrock Sr.) of Edelbrock Engineering died on 6/9/2017 in Rolling Hills, California at age 80. According to Wikipedia, he ran the company from 1962. We owe a lot to this family for the vehicle performance we have today for their innovative design, engineering, and inventions. I can remember in the 1960's and 1970's if you had a "muscle" car the gold standard was to have an Edelbrock high performance intake manifold on your engine.
Michael

KB2ROCKET

It seemed like nobody ever died when I was younger now I can list more dead people I knew personally than friends still alive .
Back in 1966 I was big into batman and it didn't seem so campy sometimes I watch the original batman on YouTube it is so bad that I love it in a whole different way.
And anyone who is into cars knows the Edelbrock name

WLB

Sorry to hear that. He was at the PRI Show one year. Edelbrock is still big and their manifolds are mandated for many racing series. There are three of their manifolds sitting in boxes in our basement (two different 4.3's and a smallblock) and one of our Suburbans has one. The Thunderbird has one of their four barrels. He and his father were definitely pioneers in the world of auto performance. Hope he has a son to carry on.

Sorry to hear that. He was at the PRI Show one year. Edelbrock is still big and their manifolds are mandated for many racing series. There are three of their manifolds sitting in boxes in our basement (two different 4.3's and a smallblock) and one of our Suburbans has one. The Thunderbird has one of their four barrels. He and his father were definitely pioneers in the world of auto performance. Hope he has a son to carry on.
His daughters, Christi and Camee, are running the company. One of them, don't know which, has been president for several years.

I'm young I know at 37 but I have a ton of respect for this family since I'm actually shook the hand of Vic jr and had the pleasure of talking to him for about a hour uninterrupted when I was barely a teen. His dad started that company with hand tools and grew it to a major aftermarket part giant. Vic jr took it and grew it to the CNC computer tuned parts we know.

Last I heard Camee left the company to go to a company named promedia. I do know they and the edelbrock companies were hand in hand but there was a major buyout by a company called Industrial Opportunity Partners about the time she left. I got out of drag racing about that time and got away from talking to anybody heavy enough in the sport to still have contacts high enough to talk to people like here.

Now some jackwagon will look up my age and say I was a teen back in the 90s, yes I started racing in a crapped out chevy luv when I was 12 (1992) at a local track. By the time I was 14 I had sponsors and a pretty nice s10 with a 454 (496) in it racing regional. By the time I was 16 I had a wreck that crushed a knee and girls took over so I started going back down in the rank.

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

I had the pleasure of meeting Vic on several occasions. A very generous man and always took time to talk with the kids. I had the pleasure of a "Vic guided" tour the facilities and got to see all the legacy items in his museum. A great guy and will be missed

Christi is at the helm now, but it will be interesting to see if Camee comes back.