Vintage 1/4 midget

Picked this one up today, a race 1959 Orbit made right here in Connecticut. Missing rear axle but we have some ideas for that. Another winter project.
Great find. That's pretty cool looking. I could just see myself with that, racing around in our City, with the Cops right on my tail. :laugh: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

delray

nice project to have:thumbsup:
heres some vintage midgets/gokarts to look at:smile:

this one has a magtag engine on it. real old school setup

I like the Maytag one. Very nice! It reminds me of a High Boy roadster. I have some cool pics from back in the 70-80's when dad and I would go to the old timers races. The early dirt cars are so cool.:thumbsup:

korndog

3HP Briggs on those; right? I think they still running that engine. Haven't Googled it though so I could be years behind.

3HP Briggs on those; right? I think they still running that engine. Haven't Googled it though so I could be years behind.
Connies up until the 90's believe it or not. Now I think they run Honda's. That's in the N.E. I guess elsewhere the may have ran different stuff.

when we used to run in pa we needed to have rollbars,but thats good,when
randy was 5 or 6 in in novice class, a 16 yr old class A guy hit randy in the
back,the kid and his super fast midget went up and over the top of randy
and down on the front,when the safty crew and i got to randy to see if he
was ok, all randy sade was GET ME THE HE.. out of this car,randy would
not get back in it that night. !!

Thanks guys. Back in 1965-66 I raced a Kurtis and an older Luther 1/4 midget out of Hayward, Sacramento and Baylands. This old Orbit brings back some great memories. Yes, the plan is to replicate the paint scheme. The front axle beam is aluminum.

kirk

Plans for the Maytag powered car have been available on Ebay. They were first published in the May 1938 issue of Modern Mechanix.