Vintage Open - mrpat's TT500 - 2up Rupp

I had this old beater track bike around for a couple of years now. Those Terra Tandem bikes have always intrigued me so what I am attempting to do is chop up the Rupp, and make a 2up!

Should be a fun build.

Hope it goes as planned!

I don't have the nads to cut up a vintage bike Pat very brave of you:thumbsup: Just make sure you leave enough room on the back for Cheezy:laugh:

I don't have the nads to cut up a vintage bike Pat very brave of you:thumbsup: Just make sure you leave enough room on the back for Cheezy:laugh:
I figured there's so much missing that it would be easier and cheaper to find one still in tact. Also by me cutting up this old Rupp frame, it just adds value to the existing ones.... right? :laugh:

I actually went put in the garage today and started disassembling this ugly pig. Couldn't stay out long since it was 6 degrees out today. Will post pics tomorrow.

We don't need to hear about your pebbles and fantasy about me....creepy anyways. lol
I actually went put in the garage today and started disassembling this ugly pig. Couldn't stay out long since it was 6 degrees out today. Will post pics tomorrow.
Need me to come by and cut that pig for you? :hack::hack::weld::weld:

Disassembly update:

Took off the engine, removed seat, forks, wheels, handle bars, shocks, and swinger.

Still cold outside but now I have so.e parts to bring in the basement and clean and inspect.

Placed an OldMiniBikes order of some parts yesterday, should be here soon. Super stoked!

I also took the shock parts in the house last night and got them soaking in a mixture of hot water and washing soda. Really gets the years of grease and grime (not rust and corrosion) fast and I found it works really good on rubber and plastic parts too like handle grips.
20180110_184039.jpg
20180110_183138.jpg

OldMiniBikes order arrived yesterday! Yayyy!

Just continuing to disassemble and clean everything on the old crusty bastard. Here's the front wheel. Still not sure of the final finish on all the parts, but they all need cleaned regardless.