VT-1 Heald

Oldsalt

Had this chain guard laying around for years....don't recall where or when I got it. In fine print at the bottom it says 'Model VT-1' and Heald Inc Benton Harbor, Michigan. Does anyone out there have such a machine that's missing a chain guard? I don't wish to simply throw it away. DSCF8868.JPG

Oldsalt

Why would a new member start out like that?
Just so everyone knows the facts.....if they wish to look. As you are known as a solid fellow I'll simply comment to you. I messaged back the first person that asked for the guard and told him the shipping cost would be $20. Advised him that I wanted nothing for the guard but asked that he drop something in the Salvation Army bucket [my favorite charity] this Christmas. I guess I should have been more diligent about promptly answering folks.

I am member # 79. Joined on April 2nd of 2007 [164 months ago]. You for one know I don't wish to create friction on the forum.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Where is moderator??
It is about advertisement on your website.
Regards.
Above I posed that the guard was given for free....he will just pay for the shipping. It is difficult for me to understand how, with zero information, you could decide I was advertising pars for sale. Calm down.

In another post on the 'strictly U.S. vintage' forum I posed "KEY PAC-PAL on November 24 [pictures of 3 Gotes in my backyard]. On November 28th there was a post from a member that 'the deal has been made' and that he would drive up here to pick up the GOTES. When he contacted me regarding the nachines he asked how much for all three....I said $150. Subsequently I advised him that he could have them for free. Like the clutch guard, I merely wished for someone to have them that would provide a good home. Again, I'm at a loss as to how you'd know that a moderator's attention is required because advertisement 'rules' were being trod upon? Take a deep breath and try to start enjoying OldMiniBikes.

I am so sorry that such a great person as Lon is , that I seem to have put him in such a predicament by harmlessly wishing I had the chain guard for a project I have . He called and offered it to me for paying shipping and a donation . I think that speaks highly of the person he is . I can only wish we all where all as giving . I have met so many great friends on this site and always look forward to seeing them at events . I wish all of you have a great Holiday season .

bruces

I could be extremely wrong here Oldsalt ,but it might be possible that Raphealxar is not talking about anything you did ,but rather might wish to advertise something on the site and doesn’t know his way around here yet .Sorry ,I missed all the fireworks and it appears some posts are missing ,so I might be wrong but just offering a possible explanation ,as I just read this entire thread and clearly thought his post about advertising on the site was not to tell on you