Wards drag bike project

125ccCrazy

Thanks everyone for the comps, I'm starting to get excited now that she's getting closer to paint....

After looking at the bike last weekend I just didnt like the looks of the big rear tire and the stance so I broke out the angle grinder and a cut-off wheel and :hack: the goose neck off, dropped the front and pushed the front wheel out there..... after looking at it and measuring, measuring and more measuring I tacked it together, decided I liked it and finished the :weld:...

Here is what it looked like last weekend before the rake :thumbdown:..

that seat isn't going on it , I'll be getting a new seat made...

What do you think about bright yellow on the frame?????

125ccCrazy

You should go with "Lifestyle Orange"

It's a nice color for sports-cars, and I think it will look nice on your sport-mini bike! :thumbsup:
Actually my Bonanza is gonna be simular to that orange, I'm using HOK pearl tangelo on that bike..
How much if any did you widen the rear?, and also what is the wheel base on the bike now?
Wheel base (axle cen to cen) 43 1/4" Widened the rear approx 3 1/2" >>>> Widened the front approx 1 1/2">>>> Stretched the frame 3" after cutting the rear half off and flipping it over...

So, what is the total width in the rear,from the widest point? If you do not mind me asking, I am just trying to get a Idea of what I can do with my Azusa Frame.:thumbsup: Looks realy good, You put alot of work in to it and it shows.:scooter::scooter:

125ccCrazy

HOK, kinda pricey. i priced some HOK a few years ago to paint interior parts of my truck, but i opted for dupli-color
yes pricey but no one beats the pop and color of HOK plus we had a qt of this for a few years when my son was gonna do his ranger that color..

So, what is the total width in the rear,from the widest point? If you do not mind me asking, I am just trying to get a Idea of what I can do with my Azusa Frame.:thumbsup: Looks realy good, You put alot of work in to it and it shows.:scooter::scooter:

Thank you for the comp, hopefully once it's all done it will look as good as I hope LOL...

rear frame tubes are 9" inside to inside... My tire is a 13-6.50-6, my rim is now just shy of 5" from bead to bead with the spacer I made to widen the rim...

I love it!!! I'm inspired to do some changes on my project. I'm glad I saw these pics at the stage of my project I'm at.

What front tire/size is that?

125ccCrazy

I love it!!! I'm inspired to do some changes on my project. I'm glad I saw these pics at the stage of my project I'm at.

What front tire/size is that?
the frt tire is a 13-5-6.00 I have a couple more but a little different tread, I also have rears to match... 13-6.50-6.00 if anyone is interested in a pair...

125ccCrazy

Any progress on the drag bike?
I have the frame in a coat of urethane primer, had to fill a few more low spots from the stretch so I have to hit it again with the primer and then it should be ready for paint...

Hey Mini, have you given any more thought about building a stretched out drag frame?? You wouldn't have to put any scrub brake on it... maybe just mounts for a jackshaft....

nice set up ya got

Your project is coming along pretty good it seems. I like to see more people doing some drag bikes its gives me a kick in the butt to get moving on mine. I just can not deceide weather i want to use the frame i have or build a chrome moly drag frame. I know i want to get 40-60 hp run a 8in slick on back stretched frame or smalller frame with wheelie bar.:weld:

Hey Mini, have you given any more thought about building a stretched out drag frame?? You wouldn't have to put any scrub brake on it... maybe just mounts for a jackshaft....
Oh yeah, I wanna build a couple bare frames for sure. I just can't decide between a stretched Taco or something like yours. I actually like your frame better than the Taco. I don't know what it is but it just looks mean. Maybe do one of each:confused:

125ccCrazy

Oh yeah, I wanna build a couple bare frames for sure. I just can't decide between a stretched Taco or something like yours. I actually like your frame better than the Taco. I don't know what it is but it just looks mean. Maybe do one of each:confused:
One like mine with a stretched neck would be sweet, I think it would have more of a drag look to it than a taco.... If you build one and the cost is effective, I'm interested.....

those are 8" pocket bike wheels which are up for sale or trade if anyone is looking for some..

The rear wheel is one I had, I just cut out a spacer with a hole saw from some thick nylon block to make it wider, wheel is approx 5" wide now.. I'd rather had a match to the front wheel but this is what I had to work with for now..

Thanks for the compliment...
how much for the 8 inch pocket bike wheels and tires??