Way too much Horse Power!

OK, I really don't recommend stuffing an 8hp in a little mini bike, LOL. But I just had to try it and see what happens (was on my ass within 5 seconds! <off camera>)

But I'm getting used to feathering the throttle now. It reminds me of my old muscle car days, when you had to ease in to the throttle :thumbsup:

YouTube - Overpowered Mini Bike

I built a 20 hp raptor motor i put in a Rupp and it was crazy scary .You cannot be like how we are on normal minis and just give it full throttle .

Ya, I'm really LOVIN' it now! I put on a smaller rear sprocket (shortening the chain) and now it's somewhat manageable. It uses the clutch a little more when starting from a stop, and gives much better "feel" for when it's safe(ish) to punch it!! The top speed is much faster too, so I have to be weary of the minuscule braking ability of the small rear wheel.

Overall, I think I've built the best little bike I can imagine. When I punch it from about 10mph, it just git's up and GOES! Sometimes, the hole machine bounces off the ground if I accelerate over the tiniest of mounds, LOL. What a hoot!

One negative though... She's real thirsty! Maybe a 30-45 minute ride per tank.

I fab'd up an air filter for it today (yes, the engine was from a snowblower... $40 from the local scrap metal guy). One question: The exhaust pipe tends to vibrate loose from the engine. What type of "goop" should I put on the threads to help hold it in place?

Thanks
Book

Last edited:
You know what the funniest thing is. We are such goobers, (cool goobers no less). The fact that we get out our cameras and have to drive our minis in the field of view cause nobody will hold the camera and the rest of the family thinks we are nuts !!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited: