Well i'll be buggered a Pocket Rocket

mcbob

Found a pocket rocket at a local swap meet today minus it's fairing and motor but for $45-00 Australian it seemed the way to go for my young fella to get a bit of first hand experiance working on mini bikes or whatever you might call them.

As i said nothing fancy it now has at least a wooden seat shortly i'll be fitting a Mac 15 chainsaw engine the Kart engine was the Mac 49 both at 80cc.

This mini has a flat plate will be easily modded to accept the Mac engine and i'll add a jackshaft and change the rear sprocket to # 35 chain x 60 tooth
And another throttle assy then he should be able to ride.

Mc Bob.

drheilman

Well, Ga Day Mate! and welcome..If Your the McBob That I think You are, I just want to personally thank You For Your incredible web site. It has proven to be a great source of "long lost knowledge" on these motors. I would not have been able to finish My last project (the winner of the first ever mini bike build off, project M5) without it. If Your not Him, here is the link. :thumbsup: McCulloch Chainsaws .................................. I'm also converting a Mac 15 into a mini motor. Will You be converting the stock chain saw clutch to #35 chain, or converting the tapered crankshaft to run a after market clutch? Stock carb? any pics would be great....Also if You ever make it back to Placerville I would be honored to blend You up a drink or two on My old "yella mongrel" blender.

Last edited:

mcbob

Well thanks for the compliments yep i'm the same Mc Bob and i just luv the cocktail blender but i prefer shakin not stired.
Oh and by the way the old Flexo really stands out and looks great ...............

Mc Bob.

mcbob

I'm also converting a Mac 15 into a mini motor. Will You be converting the stock chain saw clutch to #35 chain, or converting the tapered crankshaft to run a after market clutch? Stock carb? any pics would be great....

In my case i'll be running an adaptor to fit a Max Torque type clutch on the Mac 15 as it has a straight PTO shaft proberly a similier to fitting an outboard clutch.
If you or i was to use a tapered clutch then i would imagine a kart clutch could be found pretty easily in #35 chain.
Now since i'm no guru of the latest mini bike or pocket bikes what is the spec's on the smal chain they use ?

Mc Bob.

mcbob

I have just won two direct drive tapered sprockets off Ebay so it looks as if i'll be using another model Mac engine and not the Mac 15 as i said earlier this will be run via a #35 chain either through a jackshaft or i could have it as direct drive as i also have a #35 rear 60 tooth sprocket coming as well so i reakon Houston we have lift off it's just a case of waiting for the parts to arrive in 6-7 weeks.

Mc Bob.