West bend 820

What HP does a WB820 have? I realize that exhaust affects that but was wondering what they are rated at stock.
A stock 820 produces between 7-8HP, the kart engines produce between 10-11HP. Westbend, Chrysler and US Motor power adjust the HP by thicker or thinner head gaskets. The Chrysler snow runner has the least power in stock form, they are typically rated between 5-7HP. There are other tweaks you can do to massage a few more ponies out of them while keeping the reliability.

Just got these two from my friends barn. They were on a ultralight powered glider. They ran 15 years ago when parked. The twin expansion chambers went to the dump years ago. The both turn over although I just pulled the cord about a inch each as I did not want to ingest crap into them. They are very dirty and when I get some time soon I will clean them up. Looks like one of the clutches has rusted and I will soak the bolt are with penetrating oil now so when the time comes maybe it will have gotten into them and make it easier to take off. Thanks for the information.

Attachments