What’s the deal with mikuni?

For months I have been searching up and down countless sights and pages on google, I cannot find a genuine 22mm mikuni. (VM22-133) they have the Chinese knockoffs everywhere but I want the real deal, pay for quality the first time.
I have been so tempted to pull the plug on a 24mm mikuni as it’s the closest size I can find that is the actual brand. But the frame I have my predator on is an American made longtail mudmotor ( backwater swamplite) my predator 212 is lightly modded and don’t know if the 24mm would work with it, unless it can be jetted Down? Idk

Main reason for my post is. Can someone please point me in the direction to getting myself a real deal mikuni! TIA!

For months I have been searching up and down countless sights and pages on google, I cannot find a genuine 22mm mikuni. (VM22-133) they have the Chinese knockoffs everywhere but I want the real deal, pay for quality the first time.
I have been so tempted to pull the plug on a 24mm mikuni as it’s the closest size I can find that is the actual brand. But the frame I have my predator on is an American made longtail mudmotor ( backwater swamplite) my predator 212 is lightly modded and don’t know if the 24mm would work with it, unless it can be jetted Down? Idk

Main reason for my post is. Can someone please point me in the direction to getting myself a real deal mikuni! TIA!
https://www.denniskirk.com/mikuni/2...de-carburetor-vm22-133.p165139.prd/165139.sku

delray

24mm would still be way to big. even if you jet it down. low end response wouldn't be as good as the 22mm on your mild built 212 engine.
good luck finding your 22mm hopefully something will pop up for you.
for what it's worth the china/mikuni i use takes real mikuni jets and pilots and has a choke on it too. when this carb is setup correct the choke works like a dream for me on all my builds.
22mm.jpg

I have that carb on one also....and I also have a Chinese vm22-133 off Amazon I’m having real good luck with...it too uses genuine mikuni jets...

SAS289

24mm would still be way to big. even if you jet it down. low end response wouldn't be as good as the 22mm on your mild built 212 engine.
good luck finding your 22mm hopefully something will pop up for you.
for what it's worth the china/mikuni i use takes real mikuni jets and pilots and has a choke on it too. when this carb is setup correct the choke works like a dream for me on all my builds.
View attachment 271524
Have a question...Would a 20mm work on a mild built 196/212? The venturi is still larger than a stock carb.

delray

Thanks for the input delray, is they’re a certain brand of chikuni you prefer? Have a link for the one you used?
sorry not off hand. i just go to ebay and look for that type of carb/choke. for me i really like them alot. once you read up on them on how to adjust them. everything comes together easy and the response is so good.

delray

once you get into the bigger 225cc motors with the correct parts and all the 24mm flatside works real good. day and night compared to a built 196cc with a 22mm carb.
24mm.jpg