What’s the difference?

Ok, I have a gx390 and I’m getting ready to rebuild the carb (not b/c it totally needs it, but because I can’t just buy the one little part I need). While I was looking for the parts I noticed that a brand new stock carb is just a little more expensive then a rebuild kit, or so I thought.

If you look online like eBay you can find this carb (16100-ZF6-V01) cheaper then northern tool by half. My problem is that my carbs part number should be 16100-ZF6-W31 according to Honda, and every mower shop online. They all look the same but different part numbers and the mower shops say they are all different versions according to Honda… Some insight please? My head is spinning, lol..

Motra

There are several variations like; the GX390 with a cyclone type air filter system uses a carburetor with a slightly larger venturi, some carburetors vent the float bowl directly to the outside and some vent into the air filter, some have the fuel on/off valve integrated with the carburetor body and some don't, some use different style choke systems, they might have slightly different jetting depending on the intended application, some use an anti-afterfire solenoid, etc. The carb you're looking at on eBay is a Chinese copy of the Honda part but probably a pretty good carb (I'd stick with the original though if it's in good shape). What "one little part" do you need? I might be able to help.

I would much rather keep my OE carb also. Although them Mikuni carbs look nice, but expensive :thumbdown:

What "one little part" do you need? I might be able to help.
Lol, if I knew the proper size I could pick it up at the auto part store I think. The pilot jet O-ring is flattened and loose like a rubber band on a pencil. The motors surging and it’s the only thing left that looks shotty in the carb. My main jet should be fine. I have had this engine for years and never changed it.

Are you a member of thr V8 Buick.com?
I don't believe I ever registered, but before my life went in the crapper and I could afford to play with more expensive toys, I'm sure I went there seeking info, lol. I have had a few project Buicks that ether got totaled or sold over the years. Down to one now and it’s slowly becoming an eyesore do to breaking down and my income and other crap not letting it be a priority.

Its an 85’ Regal Limited (the one with the t-tops that wasn’t a t-type) and after my 70’ Riv Boat Tail (the one I planned on being buried in) became a target for a 75 year old lady it’s organs were transplanted to the Regal. My way of keeping the Riv alive I guess. I love that Regal, makes me upset every time I walk past it in the driveway.

My life in the crapper can be explained quickly too… Hurricane Charlie, Bad Insurance Company, Bad Contractor & now Bad Economy… It will be 5 years since the hurricane on Aug 13th and the house still isn’t finished. The car had to take a back seat to the house, wife, lawyers ECT… It will get better one day, I hope, lol.

Damn, I must have nothing to do. You got all that from “Are you a member of V8 Buick.com?”

Whoa, that all sucks! I hope things get better for you soon.

My brother Greg has a nice Grand National. Well, it was nice until son #2 borrowed it from son #1 (who thinks it's his) and wrecked it. Wrecking cars must run in the blood, cause Greg wrecked every car he drove when he was a kid. Now his sons are doing it, so it must be pay back. Don't think it's totaled, as my bro just happens to be the best body man on the planet (he was the top body man in the #1 shop in the SF bay area for years), and Ive seen him perform miracles with metal. :hack::grind::hammer:

Last edited: