What did you do to your mini today?

cxbra

Blew it up.. :lol:

Let that be a lesson to ya kids... Keep an eye on your oil.. :lol:

I drove it about 50 miles yesterday all over, another town away for old car show days... Broke the front suspension yesterday.. :doah: Today I'm coming home from about a 20 mile ride wide open leaned out, 90 plus degrees out.. No oil... :lol: and I heard the sound of a soft seize.. :doah: rolled to stop and checked the oil... No oil but plenty of smoke.. :laugh: Oh well... That motor was worn out and used oil anyways.. I was planning on building a racer for it and welding up all the brakes in the frame and redoing the bike again.. It needs it BAD bad... The motor still turns.. I'm sure ad some oil and it'll run again but nothing I wanna drive for transportation too awful far... :scooter: Although I probably still will :doah:
Ouch! I have almost been there.. the other day I noticed it was pinging and showing signs of running hot as hell. I check, NO (very low) oil! At full throttle, the oil slips right pas the rings. I think I might just go w/ a SUPER thick oil and make sure she's warm before taking off, Im not a fan of oil blow-by!

oldsledz

Today I traded one of my old sleds for this Moto-Skeeter, I road it around some , adjusted the brakes and put a kill switch on it.
The guy I got it from fixed it up pretty nice but it is not vary original, it now has a H60 and centrifugal clutch. All it needs now is the seat recovered.

Den

Indian mini mini

Put the new piston and rings in tonight and put the motor back together. Putting the piston in the cylinder was freakin intense. The motor is a 1969 and I got the last set of rings the guy had. Glad thats done. On to the next step !!

Den

Indian mini mini

Cleaned the wheels and frame asnd am now starting to put it all back together to see if it will run. My fingers are crossed..

DMR

Checked tire pressure, rode to subway with nognanovich, his chain fell off twice, passed two cops and they both waved:thumbsup:! Got an email from Robertson's Kart Pipes saying my new pipe is ready to ship. A grand day in the MiniBike world!!!

what has been done to the engine?
The engine was designed to be a good quick cruiser with good part throttle response and pull startable. the block has been align bored .10 over, all the usual raptor prep stuff like lifter bore welding, spring pockets, etc. It's been ported, decked, has billet rod and flywheel, World Formula carb on gas, mild Dyno cam for now. Here is a picture with decal and flywheel cover off. As you can tell, I'm pretty giddy over it.

Last edited:

DMR

The engine was designed to be a good quick cruiser with good part throttle response and pull startable. the block has been align bored .10 over, all the usual raptor prep stuff like lifter bore welding, spring pockets, etc. It's been ported, decked, has billet rod and flywheel, World Formula carb on gas, mild Dyno cam for now. Here is a picture with decal and flywheel cover off. As you can tell, I'm pretty giddy over it.

Looks good, I bet it sounds good too!:thumbsup: do you have a build thread going on that frijole?

Den

Indian mini mini

I finally got my gas tank backtoday. Turned out sweet. I am so glad to have the bike in one piece again.

Gassed it up and rode the hell of it for a good chunk of the day :scooter::scooter::scooter: It's been a hectic summer and this was the first time I had a decent amount of time just to say screw everything it's time to RIDE :thumbsup: Brake needs adjustment or a new cable, but for now Flinstoning it works lol.

I worked on my Prowler.. cleaned up the carb and finally got it to spark. Just need my carb slide that will be here Friday I hope and it will be up and running (I hope). Still need a recoil though

I switched out the mini engine for the go kart motor and tore around on the mini, got yelled at by some lady and blasted away at full throttle. Went home and tore down the mini motor, couldn't find the oil leak, so I either need a sealent or a new block

JDB

I worked on my 1970 Rupp Roadster "MiniBlue" to fix a problem with the tail/brake light.

I had posted a repair question late Saturday and a couple of members responded with the answer. It was just what the doctor ordered!

This forum is terrific. :scooter: