What do you guys drive in real life?

My Hooptie Rollin',Tailpipe Draggin',Heat dont work and my girl keeps naggin':laugh::laugh::laugh:
I drove my grand 8 years with no heat. This winter I decided I would fix it. Took 15 minutes to figure out it was the little motor that drives the blend door. It's a module on the passenger side of the heater box on the tranny tunnel. Mine was rusty and seized up. Sprayed it with contact cleaner then chucked the shaft in my drill and spun it for a couple minutes. Freed right up and I have heat. I get pissed at myself for waiting 8 years to fix it

I drove my grand 8 years with no heat. This winter I decided I would fix it. Took 15 minutes to figure out it was the little motor that drives the blend door. It's a module on the passenger side of the heater box on the tranny tunnel. Mine was rusty and seized up. Sprayed it with contact cleaner then chucked the shaft in my drill and spun it for a couple minutes. Freed right up and I have heat. I get pissed at myself for waiting 8 years to fix it
When I was in Orlando in Feb it last day I was there it was 45 everyone at Disney was in thick carharts and I'm in shorts and a tee.

No way you could drive with no heat this winter in Michigan.

rmm727

Previous daily driver was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Owned it for the last 11 years. Got it with 33k and it now has 116k.

My work car is a 04 Chevy Malibu with the 3.5l v6. Had it for about 5 years. 207k miles at the moment. It will be going to a new home or the scrap yard at the end of the summer.

Drive a rusty old VW Jetta diesel and the wiife drives a rusty ol Caravan.

I drive this more than anything else.

Followed by this....

The frst one handles like a drunk on roller skates but the second one....
Man she corners like she's on rails lol.

Fresh half ass rattle can paint job. :laugh:

I DD my F150 even though it gets around 10-11mpg around town (the 35"s killed the mileage). I need to start riding the tard to work more often and driving the Fireturd since it's finally "legal".

Currently daily drive a '09 Challenger R/T, 345 w/6spd & a '72 C10 SNB 350 w/3spd. Also drive a '69 Road Runner but it mainly just stays in the garage, take it to the track & took it on the Power Tour last year for 1200 miles then broke an axle.

Nice 69 and the c10's are gaining the popularity they deserve and love the newer Challengers but around here everybody has them...seriously you can be sitting at a red light and theres one to the right and left of you, but I have to give credit to Dodge I have yet to see two of the exact same ones they must have crazy amounts of color options!! :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher

Here's my 1965 Nova SS at Gateway Motorsports Park Super Chevy Show:

This year I brought a little friend with me to scoot around the pits on:

I added the novelty license plate to make it irresistible for the magazine photographers. They took some pics and told me it will be in the November issue of Super Chevy magazine but we'll have to wait and see if that really happens.

Gatecrasher

It was very hot but having a minibike at these racetrack events makes it a whole lot more fun.

I got a kick out of all the kids that were there with their parents. Every time a kid would walk by they were drawn like a magnet to the minibike and were asking me all kinds of questions about it. As soon as I fired it up all the kids came running over to see me ride it.

lol

It was great riding it around the complex. I rode from the dragstrip over to the NASCAR track and all around.

It was definitely "BTW". Better Than Walking!

^^Very nice rides, both are EXTREMELY clean. :thumbsup:

This is my '06 Silverado with a Nelson Performance 91 octane tune and other goodies. It's quick and reliable.

Here's my 1965 Nova SS at Gateway Motorsports Park Super Chevy Show:

This year I brought a little friend with me to scoot around the pits on:

I added the novelty license plate to make it irresistible for the magazine photographers. They took some pics and told me it will be in the November issue of Super Chevy magazine but we'll have to wait and see if that really happens.
That is one nice SS Nova! I has the same car in high school with 42.000 original miles but I wrecked it. I later bought a 65 2dht and drilled the spot welds from the bucket seat mounts and shifter/console hump and mounts and welded them in the non SS car. It has the full SS interior with new weatherstripping throughout after a bare metal strip and Ermine white paint. I am 48 now and still have the Nova but it hasn't been on the road since my divorce 10yrs ago, it runs but needs trans seals from sitting.

Drive a rusty old VW Jetta diesel and the wiife drives a rusty ol Caravan.

I drive this more than anything else.

My buddy works for a company that builds machines to spray concrete all over the walls and ceilings in mine shafts. He's always flying off somewhere to service the machines. They look a little like the rig in your photo. Low-slung, but w/a big spray nozzle and all crusted w/concrete.

Last edited:
We're always doing something two-wheeled. Yesterday evening I put my wife and youngest kid on one of my C70s, I got on the other and we rode them to the farmers market about a mile from my house. My kid bought a big flat of berries w/o thinking about whether it would fit into the basket. His mom had to do quite a balancing act on the way home.

I have a 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD that I just love...it has the real deal four wheel drive like a light truck and still gets 30-35 mpg on the highway with 275,000 miles on it!

I picked this up last year though and really dig it-it is my swap meet mobile mainly. It's a 1973 GMC Vandura with only 45,000 original miles on it and super clean, rust free as it was a former fire fighter medic van. The interior is real basic (no carpet or radio, etc.) but it has other cool options like a huge alternator, highway gear rear end, 350 with 4-bolt mains, etc. Also, the fire fighters were apparently hot rodders as it also has a Edlebrock 4bbl carb and chrome air cleaner.

I just stumbled on this image the other day of my van, when it was still in service! (they used it from 1973 to just a few years ago, I am the third owner). According to the caption on this picture, the fire fighters named it "the LUV MACHINE" :laugh: We have been calling it "the Z-Team Van" as it's kinda the opposite colors of the A-Team van (which was also a GMC Vandura!) :thumbsup: