What have you bought from Harbor freight lately?

MIG Wire - works great
Snap Ring Pliers - broke first time
Digital Micrometer - works great
Auto Darkening Welding Hood - works great (although I test the AD before I look directly at an arc every time I use it)
Tap & Die set - Useless
Packaging Tape - Barely useful - thin, thin, stuff

The last big purchase for me from chinafreight...ERR.... harborfreight was an OK toolbox that I used on this tooltote cart I made that we plan to take with us upnorth when we go riding.
The box has roller bearing glides and works well.(plus we just love that decal in the lid)

Yeah I like to be able to pull the tools right up to where the bikes are and have the little flip up table to put tools and parts while wrenching.

I hate going into HF much anymore but I have bought a lot of wrenches and simple tools from them and for the most part they have been fine.

My rule of thumb at HF is that “if it is a 2 ton jack, don’t exceed 1 ton.” One thing I have found though, they will always (regardless of when you bought it) exchange it for another when it breaks. Don’t take a broken item to the return desk, take it straight to the manager.

Pickup this weekend some wirebrush, heatshrink wrap, (2) 18" black and orange clamps broke one last night :censure:

TeamCheap -
lovein' the tool cart. did you add the table top? great idea. :thumbsup: I need to add bigger wheel on my box. would that cart fit a standard craftmans (3) draw tool box?

I made that cart for that box.
The box is 13"D x 26"W x 15"H.

The table is just a piece of plywood with a recessed magnetic tray that can be raised, lowered or removed if I need to get to the lower shelf.
It hinges on 2 little slide bolts and its held in the up postion with 2 little slide bolts.

Our generator just fits on the lower shelf but I havnt secured it yet and I stll want to put a small air compressor down there and/or a jump box or charger with boost function.

The 10" tires are 800lb. capacity NO-flats the front casters are 330lbs capacity.

The whole thing was made to make our trips up north a bit easier with all the stuff in one spot that we can just wheel over to the bikes if needed.
The ORV parking area's are a bit rough with no pavement and the cart is easy enough to drag around.

I may put brakes on the tires but not until I really have a need for them.

Here is a picture of the cart before it was finished showing the small table removed.

Bought a pneumatic sheetmetal punch/flanger. The one side punches 3/8 holes the other side puts a flange on the edge that is about 1/2 in width , coming in very handy while I am replacing the floorpans in my Nash Metropolitan. I have used it on sheetmetal as heavy as 16 gauge and it works fine.

My dad bought a chainsaw sharpener... i got myself a 4-1/2" angle grinder, a set of new welding gloves, and a new level....thats what we got when we went there last.

I went to HF but didnt get the electric die grinder because after seeing one and picking it up I realized I dont need something 10 times larger/heavier than my air die grinders.

I did find an 90 degree, angled air die grinder (only 15000 RPM's) that uses 2" H&L pads now I just need to find a good source of pads.

maybe I should get a doodle-bug from HF.......lol.

my last purchase was a 204 peice rotary accessory kit, I have been happy with it so far nothing has broken or bent. FYI if you buy pittsburg tools from HF they come with a lifetime warranty so if they ever break you can just exchange them