what is it worth 1969 bridgestone 50,pls help i may purchase.

hey yall i am looking to purchase this bridgestone 50 mini scooter, about how much do you guys think its worth right as it sits, it runs? and how much if its restored 100%, does any body have a clue i cant find anything on this thing. thank you any input would be greatly appreciated. guy said it has only slight surface rust, and its all original even tires. mostly garage kept. what do yall think?

Last edited:
Does it run? It is really a small displacement motorcycle, not a minibike. Almost Moped class actually, and it is a underbody style frame like a Honda Supercub, which it appears to be a clone of at least superficially. The "Underbone" style frames became popular with many manufacturers after the Supercub met with widespread success in the later 1950's and 60's. The body style allowed a scooter sized bike to have a safer, step-through frame format, larger wheels and tires which facilitated traction and smooth riding characteristics, and fuel efficiency.

You will probably learn a lot from the following Wiki Article, though it is about the Supercub: Honda Super Cub - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another great source of people who know bikes like this pretty well may be Moped Army - Swarm and Destroy.

Be warned, they are a tough crowd over there, and tend to focus on MOPED SPECIFIC conversation. Ask any questions you want, but I'd strongly recommend searching the forums for a while first, looking for posts related to your bike, and refer to them when asking additional questions. Lol they're good kids, just moped nazis- it's not their faults they were born extra nerdy!

Here's a pic and a clip of info I found on what looks to be your bike:

BRIDGESTONE 50+ STEP THRU
Fun-fare for the entire family that's so easy to operate with an automatic clutch and three-speed foot shift transmission. Hugs the ground while you clip down the highways. Two-stroke rotary valve, air-cooled, single cylinder engine; bore and stroke, 1.53" x 1.65"; 6.6:1 compression ratio; 5.2 @ 8500 RPM maximum horsepower; 4-speed constant mesh rotary transmission.

SHORT ANSWER: If it runs- what's it worth to you? If it was in my sights, I'd think up to about $3-$400 would not be completely out of line to pay for a rarer, functioning example of an underbone style bike. Similar Honda's routinely go for that and more around here.

Good luck. Post back here if you go for it, and post some pics too!

markus

I saw that one, and a couple other Bridgestones (ones like the a honda dream) pop up about the same time on Craigs here in FL. I started looking into them at that point, didn't find too much I don't think they have that huge of a following. Being as its a scooter though and vintage, those are some plusses since the vintage scooters are a fairly hot commodity. But I immediately hunted for parts soon as I saw that particular one your looking at and didn't find much which turned me off for the price-only because I have too many others here right now to tie up $$ and space. But I think its a cool ride, If I only had 4 less bikes I would have run down and at least checked it out:thumbsup:

Let us know, or at least me the outcome. I'd love to check it if you get it!

Now if it was Rockford/Bridgestone Chibi minibike, I would have been allover it like white on rice:smile:

I saw that one, and a couple other Bridgestones (ones like the a honda dream) pop up about the same time on Craigs here in FL. I started looking into them at that point, didn't find too much I don't think they have that huge of a following. Being as its a scooter though and vintage, those are some plusses since the vintage scooters are a fairly hot commodity. But I immediately hunted for parts soon as I saw that particular one your looking at and didn't find much which turned me off for the price-only because I have too many others here right now to tie up $$ and space. But I think its a cool ride, If I only had 4 less bikes I would have run down and at least checked it out:thumbsup:

Let us know, or at least me the outcome. I'd love to check it if you get it!

Now if it was Rockford/Bridgestone Chibi minibike, I would have been allover it like white on rice:smile:
ok i sure will, i have people telling me to go for it and others say no way not running for $500. so we will see. thanx for your reply