What is this tank off of?

fix

I'm doing some cleaning, and came across this tank with some other bike parts.

I don't have any other mini bike parts. So I have no idea what this tank could have come off of.

fix

I'll look into that.See if I can find some pics to compare it to.
The real question I have, is why do I have it? I've never owned a whizzer.

Tank?

I'm doing some cleaning, and came across this tank with some other bike parts.

I don't have any other mini bike parts. So I have no idea what this tank could have come off of.
I bought one without the cap.I think its a sears.There is one on ebay(buy it now) for 69 bucks and another up for auction both without the chrome top.

fix

I bought one without the cap.I think its a sears.There is one on ebay(buy it now) for 69 bucks and another up for auction both without the chrome top.
That is the tank. Thanks for the I.D. however...69 bucks!?

I should sell it. Too bad I hate Ebay. Does this forum have an auction feature?

The tank Is actually chrome under all the red paint. The bare chrome isn't all that nice though, pitted and cracked a bit. However the stuff under the paint is probably perfect. Could reverse the chrome and paint and end up with a neat tank.

That is the tank. Thanks for the I.D. however...69 bucks!?

I should sell it. Too bad I hate Ebay. Does this forum have an auction feature?

The tank Is actually chrome under all the red paint. The bare chrome isn't all that nice though, pitted and cracked a bit. However the stuff under the paint is probably perfect. Could reverse the chrome and paint and end up with a neat tank.
You could put it down in the for sale section and sell to the highest bidder with a deadline. I'm sure jeepsteve007 will buy it since he's been buying everything that ain't nailed down! :thefinger:

fix

Could you show the bottom of it, I'd like to see if one like it would fit any of my bikes.
dave

There is a loop of metal that I imagine went around a top tube of some sort. The plastic nut on top of the cover connects to a threaded rod that goes all the way through the tank and into this loop. It would probably be better to just drill and tap a hole into the top tube for this threaded rod to go into. As long as there is a single top tube, or something added that would serve the same purpose, it should mount up easily.

I'll probably add it to the for sale section sometime this week, unless anyone wants to offer me money for it now and save me the trouble.

Thanks for the help identifying it.

fix

Thanks for all the info

Thanks a bunch. Now I know what it fits.

I kind of wish I had the rest of the bike. Pretty neat lookin' little rides.