What make/ model is this?

I posted this in the General forum before realizing it should be here.

I bought this mini bike through Craigs List and plan to restore it. The best I can come up with is that it could be a "lil indian". Does anyone know what model and/ or make it is? In the best effort to make it original, does anyone know some of the factory specs. as well?

What you have looks to be a Rupp Continental from about 1965.
Rupp built most of their bikes with front and rear suspension. this mini was to have a 2 1/2 HP Lauson engine. Better pictures would help . Should make a nice rider.
Steve :scooter:

After looking some more over in 1st1090.org they say that the Rupp Continental came several different ways the one that you have is called a special and list price was a very low $169.95 next up was the Custom for $ 199.95. and more pictures of the rear wheel area would help a lot.
Steve :scooter:

mybiz

rupp

I have banchi here is a few things to look at the pic of the green? one is a banchi the same as mine the orange colored one yours is a late 60's continental how I learned mine was a banchi is the motor mount plate my guess is yours is a 67-68 C250 but thats just a quick guess:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mybiz

I've been doing some reserch on the 60's rupps now that 1 on ebay has the plate welded under the seat with the rupp lable riveted on the plate. All of the 60's models i've seen didn't have the plate under the seat. Most i've seen have 2 1" pieces of flat iron for the seat mount I've just looked at all the Rupp sites and didnt find 1 like it:confused:

68-69 Rupp were different frames. The Continental has the pan with the serial number on it and the seat attach's to it. I think there was four models that were sold of the Continentals including the hard tail until 67. In 68 Rupp got serious about the minibikes and made much faster ones and more selection.

What is a Rupp ?

New here but that's a Rupp!
Welcome to the OldMiniBikes slandrew : Rupp was a major manufacture of the entire spectrum of fun machines that fit every ones needs.
From play karts to the best of Kart racing. Mini bikes of all sizes and later mini cycles. They were huge into the best snowmobile machines of their time.
They made trikes from the little 3 HP Rat up to the Assume Rupp Centaur a street legal snowmobile powered trike( I have one ) Rupp had one of the largest dealer networks and as big as they were the economy and import marketing took it's tole and they went out of business.
The founder Micky Rupp is now into manufacturing fishing down riggers down in Florida. The name Rupp was always a sign of quality in fun and racing .
Steve :scooter
PS: I was a Rupp dealer a long long time ago