What's Safe

What do you think is safe to spin( RPMs) a stock 2.8 engine. Found a I can pick up a cx or gx100 Hond in Dallas for free ( locked up) if I go pick it up. Thinking about grabbing the flywheel.
Don't want to get thread locked down, so what supporting mods do I need to spin it at 4800, I am below that right now!

I have a kavlar vest to wrap the motor in. Lol

I'll give you a refreshing answer to that much asked question...., Wow, thats a great little motor. you should have no problems getting a nice header, carb kit, racing clutch and billet rod. Good luck with the build. that 2.8 is worth building. :doah:

Please stay off my posts. If I want to mess with this motor it's my business. I have gotten a lot of good info. You simply come on here a badger me in everything I post. If you don't like what I'm asking then stay away from my threads.
I don't jump on your threads and hammer you on you stuff but I can start.
Ive read your post. Your negative and hijack peoples threads.
There are no aftermarket flywheels for this bucket of crap engine. What part of this do you not understand?

Yes, I have found a $15 header $10 race clutch spring $20 carb kit and looks like free Honda flywheel and rod. Just Ported the exhaust port and will finish some carb polishing tonight. Had the bike up to 35mph with the wind and 31 back into the wind on flat ground at 4400 rpms. At 190lbs it's getting me up hills pretty well now. This is going to make a great bike for lesser experienced riders when they visit.
I'll give you a refreshing answer to that much asked question...., Wow, thats a great little motor. you should have no problems getting a nice header, carb kit, racing clutch and billet rod. Good luck with the build. that 2.8 is worth building. :doah:

Yes, I have found a $15 header $10 race clutch spring $20 carb kit and looks like free Honda flywheel and rod. Just Ported the exhaust port and will finish some carb polishing tonight. Had the bike up to 35mph with the wind and 31 back into the wind on flat ground at 4400 rpms. At 190lbs it's getting me up hills pretty well now. This is going to make a great bike for lesser experienced riders when they visit.

bandit 40

The money your gonna stick in this engine to try to gain HP could end up kicking yourself in the AZZ ..... I think people are just trying to tell you that there is really nothing offered to help as far as mods for performance gains. And dont take it so offensivly when someone voices there opinion. In all honestly there only intension is to spare you the greif of throwing the rod on that little engine. Try checking into possibly a 6.5....or even a 3hp briggs...Hell I sell you one for a decent price:thumbsup:

Please stay off my posts. If I want to mess with this motor it's my business. I have gotten a lot of good info. You simply come on here a badger me in everything I post. If you don't like what I'm asking then stay away from my threads.
I don't jump on your threads and hammer you on you stuff but I can start.
Ive read your post. Your negative and hijack peoples threads.
Seriously? If I remember correctly, I'm the one that told you to keep your chin up when you first came on here as my_mini and people were 'badgering' you in the first place. then you came back as minwood and I was more than happy to help push you in the right direction on a LOT of your posts, still! I even took some time on your last thread about the largest sprocket and pointed out some links to help you accomplish what you were trying to do with your sprocket set up. And, if Im not mistaken, this whole thread (replies from other users) have been geared exactly the same way I replied, just in a lesser direct manner. You ask a dumb question, you will get harsh responses. That's how it is. And with that said, I will never post on another of your threads again. I have no problem with doing so and all you had to do was say so. :censure: you very much. Hope you excel in your quest of modifying a piece of isht.

Oh crud. I thought you were jessy. He posted next to you. He's always banging on my post. You have been a big help and you were going to send me a spring. This is the second time I've asked him to stay. Again sorry for sending you the reply.
Here my last spout to him:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-engines/43210-rpm-calculator.html
Seriously? If I remember correctly, I'm the one that told you to keep your chin up when you first came on here as my_mini and people were 'badgering' you in the first place. then you came back as minwood and I was more than happy to help push you in the right direction on a LOT of your posts, still! I even took some time on your last thread about the largest sprocket and pointed out some links to help you accomplish what you were trying to do with your sprocket set up. And, if Im not mistaken, this whole thread (replies from other users) have been geared exactly the same way I replied, just in a lesser direct manner. You ask a dumb question, you will get harsh responses. That's how it is. And with that said, I will never post on another of your threads again. I have no problem with doing so and all you had to do was say so. :censure: you very much. Hope you excel in your quest of modifying a piece of isht.

Last edited:
Okay-after about 4800rpms unless the exhaust has been modified the exhaust backup get's to the point that it flows past the intake valve on opening--the intake valve loads up with deposits and the spring losses its resistance over time-eventualy either the valve floats or the valve overheats. So unless you overhaul frequently or do something about the exhaust 4800 is as fast as you would run and not get into trouble after a period of time of running it fast. With a "Proper" header what next takes the motor down I have yet to see. Unless your changing valves or regrinding the cam the motor is losing power after 4800 anyway. These motor can spin to mid 5k's but how long before the valve springs weaken or something has heat on it too long I don't know-it's your toy if you want to play with it --just don't let kids lose with the thing rigged to spin that fast.

Okay-after about 4800rpms unless the exhaust has been modified the exhaust backup get's to the point that it flows past the intake valve on opening--the intake valve loads up with deposits and the spring losses its resistance over time-eventualy either the valve floats or the valve overheats. So unless you overhaul frequently or do something about the exhaust 4800 is as fast as you would run and not get into trouble after a period of time of running it fast. With a "Proper" header what next takes the motor down I have yet to see. Unless your changing valves or regrinding the cam the motor is losing power after 4800 anyway. These motor can spin to mid 5k's but how long before the valve springs weaken or something has heat on it too long I don't know-it's your toy if you want to play with it --just don't let kids lose with the thing rigged to spin that fast.

Really I guess you guys dont read. Just dont do it.. We do not support it and its not allowed to be talked about. Find somewhere else to post this shit. Removal of Gov's is not allowed to be talked about here. WTF do you guys not understand about this.

Miniwood have a couple days to think about this...

20 threads on the first page and 9 were created by Miniwood......The DB section is really gonna slow down a bit now after his 2nd account has been banned:001_tt2:

20 threads on the first page and 9 were created by Miniwood......The DB section is really gonna slow down a bit now after his 2nd account has been banned:001_tt2:
He will come back in a couple days but hopefully the posts will be more in tune with what is allowed here at OldMiniBikes.
BTW both accounts have been temporarily suspended.