Which engine has the most potential or is your favorite & why?

Here's another cool motor for you 2-stroke fans. 1720cc Polaris triple, over 200 ft-lbs of torque and over 330 hp:thumbsup: Also check out the heads, adjust the comp. without removing the head.

:
Here's another cool motor for you 2-stroke fans. 1720cc Polaris triple, over 200 ft-lbs of torque and over 330 hp:thumbsup: Also check out the heads, adjust the comp. without removing the head.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

65ShelbyClone

There is also the 1986 BMW 1.5L turbo F1 engine at 1400hp in qualifying. That was just an accident, though; it was only supposed to make ~1200hp in qualifying. :eek:ut: In '87 the FIA started restricting boost pressure.

As cool as that engine may be. It is hardly what I would consider as a minibike power-plant.

Now before someone gets the bright idea to suggest swapping this engine into a DB-30 frame, let's try to keep this thread realistic.

I now have a Sachs SA290 two-stroke single & a Tecumseh HM100 as the top dogs in the pile. Probably about half of the vintage/classic frames we use, are not tall enough between the top & bottom tubes to accept these 2 engines. Not to mention the excess width.

thats because it is. Its from the monro special. he added ohv went to 950cc and still holds the world record for the fastest bike under 1000cc and worlds fastest indian

gotta say my honda 5.5 ohc has been the most reliable thing ever. its even super quiet and stealthy with the stock exhaust on there... wonder what it would be like with a loud pipe on there..:thumbsup:

Last edited: