Which is the better builder briggs 5.5 / HF 6.5

mybiz

I bought a HF 6.5 to mod and yesterday I forgot I had a almost new briggs Inteck 190 (5.5) :doah: I've got to much stuff. which motor would be the best to do a mild build on ??
I think I know what you all going to tell me but go and tell me bigger engines (V8-6cyl) are my specialty never modified a tiny 1

125ccCrazy

not sure what the difference between the 5.5 and 6.5 Inteks are but the 6.5 intek will accept all the parts from an animal or a world formula.... If the Intek 5.5 and 6.5 blocks are the same I'd say the clone and 5.5 are pretty comparable for mods, actually the briggs would be cheaper on some of the parts like the wf crank, wf head, wf piston is way better than the honda or clones as is the head, the briggs wf flywheel and PVL ignition is way cheaper than a pvl ignition and flywheel for a clone...... BUT on the other hand the clones have more cam options....

I guess it would be a toss up. just depends on what ya want and how much you wanna spend..

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The 5.5 briggs is smaller, they have less stroke in them making them 190cc. Which are used in most F200 motors. But there are some that come 5.5hp that are 206cc, but have a smaller carb to lower the power.

But the clone seems to be the cheapest to build if your gonna buy all parts brand new. Buying used parts you will find more briggs stuff on ebay.

mybiz

clone it will be!

The 5.5 briggs is smaller, they have less stroke in them making them 190cc. Which are used in most F200 motors. But there are some that come 5.5hp that are 206cc, but have a smaller carb to lower the power.

But the clone seems to be the cheapest to build if your gonna buy all parts brand new. Buying used parts you will find more briggs stuff on ebay.
I'll just throw the briggs on 1 of my mini's and build the clone never cared for a briggs myself. And I never buy used part when its being put on the inside of any engine I one of them type of people do it right or dont do it at all!