White Knuckle Scramble - Chicago

I'm trying to organize a vintage go kart & minibike rallye/race for Sept. 2013 (White Knuckle Scramble). We found a great track that will allow us to run minibikes AND karts, but it's not going to be cheap, so we're having a good-old fashioned fundraiser to make it happen. Part of that will include a swap meet.

I talked with several tracks and this is the ONLY one within a couple of hours of Chicago that would even consider allowing minibikes to run. You NEED this event to happen. :biggrin:

PULL-START FUNDRAISER for the White Knuckle Scramble!!

Only $20 to attend!!

Bring everyone you know!

Bring a potluck dish to share!

Swap Meet!!

Silent Auction!

Vintage Yard Sale!

Credit cards and PayPal accepted!

Vintage racing videos!

Cash bar!

Spread the word!

Questions? Want to set up in the swap meet? Know anyone who wants to vend?
info@WhiteKnuckleScramble.com

Sunday, February 17, 2013
2-7pm
VFW Post 2378
1529 South Harlem Ave
Berwyn, IL
http://www.vfw2378.org/

http://www.whiteknucklescramble.com/
www.facebook.com/WhiteKnuckleScramble

Last edited:
I never knew there were that many mini bike racers around here.Where are you going to race? They had a mini bike drag last june at great lakes and there were no IL people racing there accept me.If there are more people around here willing to race LMK I will be there to race you.

The only minibike event that I know of at Great Lakes was the one my former car club hosted at our vintage drag race event, the HUnnert Car Heads Up.

Voodoo Larry of the Voodoo Kings Car Club has started a minibike club called The Voodoo Minis. They already have about 15-20 members. Their second meeting will be January 12 at his shop.

We'll be announcing track details at the fundraiser. Believe me, I called a LOT of places and NO PLACE would let minibikes run. Some were ok with go karts, but none would even consider minibikes. The main reason cited was insurances, BUT we found one place that was willing to let us run karts AND minis, would give us the insurance, and basically said that minibikes were too slow to be worried about. :)

If you know anyone that has things to sell at the swap, let me know.

Some silliness may have happened at Great Lakes. The track officials were NOT amused. I'd be surprised if they let it happen again. The White Knuckle Scramble will be about real racing... on a paved track with curves.

The only minibike event that I know of at Great Lakes was the one my former car club hosted at our vintage drag race event, the HUnnert Car Heads Up.

It was june 16 here are pics of me second from the left,my brother,brother in law and my friend and his son.it was fun but no time slips:angry:

Voodoo Larry of the Voodoo Kings Car Club has started a minibike club called The Voodoo Minis. They already have about 15-20 members. Their second meeting will be January 12 at his shop.

We'll be announcing track details at the fundraiser. Believe me, I called a LOT of places and NO PLACE would let minibikes run. Some were ok with go karts, but none would even consider minibikes. The main reason cited was insurances, BUT we found one place that was willing to let us run karts AND minis, would give us the insurance, and basically said that minibikes were too slow to be worried about. :)

I will be watching for it.

If you know anyone that has things to sell at the swap, let me
know.
I have all kinds of things to sell.:deal:

Rocco...

Yeah, June 16, 2012. Sorry I missed your runs. I was busy running things! :)

Yes, we'd love to have you join the swap. I sent you a PM.

Cool! I don't have anything to do with that event/club anymore, but I know they're doing the Heads Up drags again. I just don't know if they'll be allowing minibikes again this year.

Cool! I don't have anything to do with that event/club anymore, but I know they're doing the Heads Up drags again. I just don't know if they'll be allowing minibikes again this year.
I really don't think they will do it again this year either.They didn't take the one they did do seriously.They advertised it and when I got there,it was like nobody knew what was going on.The only reason I went was to get a time slip.It would be nice to find a place to drag race,so I can see what my mods can do.

Rocco...

The White Knuckle Scramble is primarily a 1/3 mile twisty turny road coarse, but there's a long straightaway that we plan to run some minibike drags on, too.

I'm going to set up a PayPal account so that people can contribute even if they can't make the fundraiser. *IF* we don't raise enough at the fundraiser, we *might* do another fundraiser with some limited edition swag from the same artist (and others). We will definitely have shirts printed for the actual race.

BTW, our artist is Greg Araya. He's been an artist at places like the Cartoon Network, Nicolodeon, Disney, etc.

Here's a cool bit he did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0hFENR-g5I