Who has been on a cruise?

toomanytoys

A friend of mine booked a cruise leaving Baltimore on April 6th.

He can't go. Offered to sell me the trip for half of what he paid for 3 people. 800 dollars. Trip leaves Maryland goes to port Canaveral and then to 2 ports in the Bahamas.

I have one person to take and she would be a good time on a cruise. But anyone went on a carnival cruise? How was it? Fun? Terrible?

I'd hate to waste 5 days vacation and 800 bucks for a terrible time.

GSbiker

My wife and I just returned from a cruise. Had a great time. We traveled from San Diego through the Panama canal and ended up in Ft. Lauderdale. Stopped in a few Central American and South American countries, met a lot of great people from all over the world and drank a lot of beer.

Go for it. It can be a lot of fun. Do you know what boat you will be on?

The booze can run up your bill quick but the crew on the boats should have a lot of stuff to do for your stay on the boat fun games that only get more fun the more tossed you are I say go jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Morris code

We did a Disney cruise last year to the Bahamas. It was great. If you don't have sea legs take Dramamine before boarding or wear the pressure point wrist bands.

Did a 7 day cruise through Alaska years ago before I was married........best vacation I ever had!!!!! :innocent:

Was my first time on a big ship....no sea sickness.....One of the best things was waking up each morning docked in a different port!! My experience was very trouble free and the crew did everything to make it very enjoyable and memorable! :thumbsup:

Your experience may vary :laugh:

Dramamine? Those ships are too big to rock and roll,lol. Was standing on the flight deck of AFS-1 Mars and the swells were higher then the helo hangar-better then 40 feet. Now thats rock and roll.

WrenchDad

I have only traveled by ship when I was in the Navy. But it is a great way to travel. A lot of guys I work with have used Carnival cruise lines and they loved it. No complaints and they would definitely do it again.

Try swells over the flight deck of an LHA... The North Pacific is not nice in February... The water was coming up the anchor chainpipes and filling the forecastle. And what was directly aft? Engineering berthing where my rack was. We got wet. Hit the swells hard enough it bent the bow up almost two feet. Spent two months in Subic Bay getting it fixed.

My wife wants to go on a cruise, but I am with Bill. 22 years in the US Navy, 16 of them on ships down in the engine room making them go. Seen enough ocean.

She may talk me into it though if it doesn't go to the Aleutians in February....

Hey Stangrcr the worse I can remember was on the Teddy Roosevelt off of Hyeres France and we had waves that cleared the bow and came crashing down on us while we were loading/off-loading our CH-53E(HC-4). That's well over 60 feet, probably closer to 100.

Last edited:
On the defense of the Navy life at sea I also spent my time way down in the belly of the whale on two super carriers. The USS Kitty Hawk and the USS Constellation and made three west pack cruises and when you are riding out a big typhoon this class of carrier is flat bottomed with a 32 foot draft and 105 feet from warer line to the flight deck. The carrier was headed right at the storm and would rise up with the wave swells and it was like the ship was falling down a staircase one step at a time. And YES SIR I would do it all again.
Steve :scooter:

maverick1

I have been on 1 cruise after a bit of convincing from my wife. It is the most relaxing trip I have ever been on. It was a Carnival cruise and I have no complaints. Outside of the nice water, the Bahamas did not do much for me however I would go again just for the boat ride. I live about 10 minutes from Port Canaveral but usually head out west to see my kids.

Itype2slo

Been On the Ensenada cruise ran up a $500. bar tab way to easy. the food was mediocre and I could walk around the ship top to bottom in 10 minutes and then had to go through customs, My 1 and only cruise kind of sucked.

toomanytoys

It's mine now, changed over the information with Carnival and Leave at April 6th at 4PM.

Hopefully its a good time. I was a little concerned that the ship is the "Carnival ""PRIDE"".