Who has the best governed clone?

65ShelbyClone

Increasing output at such a low rpm is playing the game of torque. I would probably opt for conservative portwork(maybe even reducing port volume in the right places) with stock valve sizes, ratio rockers, and a mild compression increase. High compression in this type of engine is going to be more sensitive to octane than the same compression in a 6000rpm one, especially when taller gears are added to capitalize on the torque.

I'm going to be working with a governed clone and am getting a UNI, Exhaust, and E-tube but I honestly don't know what else would be beneficial for a governed engine. Most of the performance parts seem to be made for higher RPM. Other than a head and some little things possibly. Are there any performance cams for low RPM? I remember seeing a wakeboard cam for low end torque but is even that for below 3600 RPM?
If you change the cam it will have to be of use for the RPM range limited by the governor. There are some out there that would seem to work under 5500 rpms. Have you thought about a lightened or billet flywheel? I would think less mass to spin would equil a faster reving engine, and any timing advance built into the new flywheel may help.

If you change the cam it will have to be of use for the RPM range limited by the governor. There are some out there that would seem to work under 5500 rpms. Have you thought about a lightened or billet flywheel? I would think less mass to spin would equil a faster reving engine, and any timing advance built into the new flywheel may help.
Less spining mass at low speed means you might have issues with idle quality.
More compression and a timing will make this worse.

So from the get go if you head that way your going to want to move the Idle RPM up.

Or you may not have any issues with this at all if your light and your bike is light.
Its jut something to consider