Whoo hoo first ride on 6.5

Just finished my Harbor Freight 6.5 HP conversion and took my first rip. What a blast! This thing has more power than I expected. What a nice engine. It came right to life on the second pull and had a strong smooth sound that said "quality". The torque and acceleration on my Red 'bug is now stupid:eek:ut:. Seriously, it reminds me of a little baby version of my old 1996 Honda CR500, similar kind of power to weight ratio. I'm glad I went to the trouble of placing the engine as far forward as I could, I even ground down the redundant front oil bolt:grind:, the bike wants to raise the front wheel with a wack of the throttle. Wack on!:hammer:.

I got rid of the two fine throttle assembly springs. Has anyone else? These were weak and would get hung up. A great mod is to get rid of both and add one more solid return spring to the regulating arm, I attached mine to the side case bolt, my throttle opens and closes the full range with authority now. I also have my hand grip throttle set for a mere 3mm of play before the throttle lever engages. This adds to the excitement...

I still would like to attach the stock kill switch, but am not exactly sure how. Any advice?

Enjoy your cool little mini's, everyone!

cut the wire at the switch

crimp on a butt connector

cut the "plug in" end off the stock wire, crimp it to the yellow wire

connect the "ring" terminal under the recoil cover bolt

fasten the wires along the frame

remove the switch on the engine and plug the hole with a rubber grommet

check out the pics