Whos Ready For Ice Racing

half the people on here don't go outside unless it's at least 60 degrees and work on their minis inside their house :laugh::laugh:

sounds like fun.i'd be in but your to far away:doah:

half the people on here don't go outside unless it's at least 60 degrees and work on their minis inside their house :laugh::laugh:

sounds like fun.i'd be in but your to far away:doah:
I freeking love winter! Bring on the snow and ice.....I need my snowmobiling and icefishing fix. Cant sit inside all winter doing nothing. Love it!

Thanks for the link Yooper. :thumbsup: I'd love to go ice racing on my mini bike, I bet the big baja bike would be great for that. There's some guy who race dirt bikes and sleds on the lake around here but no minis. It's a shame, I'm only 10 minutes from the lake. I'd love to see the pics of this action though. :thumbsup:

Ill take some pics or the mini studded the studs that are used for dirt bikes and quads are to tall there half inch plus the amount which screws into the tire which will rip out of a mini tire cause there a softer rubber, we used a coated sheet metal type screw which is the same as the quad studs just shorter and ya if you go down the road with them in they'll tear out and where down.

i have tried those screws too.never heald up for me,they aren't hardened.the koldkutters are not 1/2 tall Products and should stay in.quad and dirt bike tires are just as soft as mini tires.looks to me like you need more screws.when done right you should have almost no tire spin.actually more traction than on dirt.

Ya haha my tire could use more i just ran out so had to go with that pattern i bought a few of those studs from a local supplier the smallest ones were still to long for the lug on my tire may work with bigger lugged tire im just doing it for fun anyways :scooter:

Many years ago I used this.
Hilti Online - EM10 Threaded stud for steel - 12 mm washer (metric)
The trick was to drill your rubber and use a a couple of nuts and washer to hold them in place.

When I was young and raced karts we had permission to race on Ramsey lake in down town Sudbury durring the winter carnival ( back in the era of when it was cool to do things and insurance was not an issue ).

Hilti studs were cheap and the proceedure was to drill and tack weld the threads.

Some people used teck screws with a nut on the out side to hold them

Some people used regular 10 or 12 machine screws.

Trouble with the cheap stuff is the steel is soft, but a fix for that was to heat them cherry red and drop them in some Sugar ( poor man's surface hardener ) and quench.

In any event they Hilti sytff was the hardest and lasted longest.
The screws were the most likely to fly off the tyres.

God help you if you fell off and got run over.
I never seen it happen but logicaly if you got under a tyre with these things in them your likely to come out like a block of Swiss Cheese