Whos Ready For Ice Racing

all in fun adam.take some vids and post it here.would like to see it.

hey nos you still live by sudbury? used to go fishin there every year back in the day.
many miles in the bush,place called cinniminda probably spelled it wrong but that's how it sounds:laugh:

all in fun adam.take some vids and post it here.would like to see it.

hey nos you still live by sudbury? used to go fishin there every year back in the day.
many miles in the bush,place called cinniminda probably spelled it wrong but that's how it sounds:laugh:
Truethfuly the name does not ring any bells....
Lots of lakes up here, lots and lots.....

I don't fish much.
I put about as much time with a line in the water going downtown and fishing in Ramsey as any place else.
Tyson is about 30 minuts up hw 69 from my house ( I live out in the south end ) and thats for those serious afternoons when Jr wants to try and hook some largemouth or rod bending sport fish.

I like the ones that clean easy and fry that afternoon.
I'm not fussy lol.

Best fishing is the Laurentian conservation area lol.
Just don't get caught HA.
All BS aside I used to take Jr there a lot because you could hook a 20 pound northern Pike on a bottle cap every second cast and hook if you were so inclined.
Then throw them back so you don't feel guilty about it.

I like fish.
Fish is brain food but I tried to raise my boy to uinderstand its a finite resource and you should ponly take home a belly full ( better the small ones )
and toss the rest back.

Haha i like how we switched to fishing haha i got a cottage up north maybe youve heard of Haliburton thats the township its in right on Halls lake second deepest lake in Ontario great fishing, and thats where the oval will be this winter.:thumbsup:

i have used these before on my quad. Kold Kutter Ice Racing Screws, Ice Studs, Traction Products, ATV Screw, ATV Ice Racing, Motorcycle Ice Racing, Car Ice Racing, Motorcycle Traction Products

they work great.just stay on the ice with 'em.they wear out quick if ride on anything but ice with them.just find a tire with a tall knob
We don't have ice racing here in Oregon, but we have lots of places to ride dirt bikes. My pals and I have raced enduro/ISDE-type events for years. Oregon's coast range mountains have miles of steep trails through heavy wet forests. You'll frequently encounter exposed tree roots that cross the trail diagonally. The bark is all rubbed off and they are so slippery. Hitting one w/your front tire can just slap you to the ground. My buddy added a bunch of Kold Kutters to his bike's front tire and found that it grabbed onto those roots like velcro. The ones he put on the rear tire were lost almost immediately. It was also pretty terrifying going across smooth rock faces or pavement, and the screws tore the sh-t out of his garage floor and his truck's bedliner, so he gave it up.

So a local pond froze over this morning couldnt believe it a few inchs of ice so out came the minis the tires with the sheet metal screws for studs worked amazing my bike was hookin like crazy didnt get a good vid the go pro was acting up hopefully ill get some soon.:thumbsup:

So a local pond froze over this morning couldnt believe it a few inchs of ice so out came the minis the tires with the sheet metal screws for studs worked amazing my bike was hookin like crazy didnt get a good vid the go pro was acting up hopefully ill get some soon.:thumbsup:
WEll its raining inthe Nickel city and Ramsey and every other body of water I happen to notice is still wode open without a hint of ice.

December is dangerous evenon a good year so becareful.

SO you have a Cottage near Mindon.
Nice area!
My family owns a Camp ( or Datcha ) near Espanola on the Lang lake system.
I don't go there much, just take my father up now and then for a vissit.
Used to fish a lot up there and even more riding on the sleds in the winter.
No ice or snow up here yet though.

We ride on the ice in VT..

I use gold ice screws and tons of them.. they work awesome.. here is a pic of my bike from last year.. anybody in VT? want to ride? we have a club of about 10 of us that get together at :scooter: least twice a month.

WEll its raining inthe Nickel city and Ramsey and every other body of water I happen to notice is still wode open without a hint of ice.

December is dangerous evenon a good year so becareful.

SO you have a Cottage near Mindon.
Nice area!
My family owns a Camp ( or Datcha ) near Espanola on the Lang lake system.
I don't go there much, just take my father up now and then for a vissit.
Used to fish a lot up there and even more riding on the sleds in the winter.
No ice or snow up here yet though.
ya my cottage is about 10 mins from Minden,

What tires did you used and what size and make are your ice screws?
Adam,

410 X 6 2Ply Snow Hog Carlisle.. they were not carlisle though.. generics.. I wish I had gotten the carlisle they are just slightly beefier. The ice screws where called "gold ice screws" 3/8"... they are glorified sheet metal screws with a fat shank and cupped head.. I rip these on gravel and too and have not had one fall out.

Im trying to get some buddys to stud up this winter too. Ill plow a track near my house on the saginaw bay if i get some people that wanna do it and some ice. A quarter mile or a little less ice oval would be ridiculasly fun on a studded minibike!

The bay

Im trying to get some buddys to stud up this winter too. Ill plow a track near my house on the saginaw bay if i get some people that wanna do it and some ice. A quarter mile or a little less ice oval would be ridiculasly fun on a studded minibike!
That sounds like a great idea, plow the bay, have some races. I'd come up for that!

I'll bring my auger and fishing stuff and sneak in a little ice fishing for walleyes as well!

This pic popped up on my FB tonight. I dunno anything about it, because all of the comments are in a foreign language. Pretty cool, though...

I had a Chenny frame with an XS650 Yamaha engine that I rode on the ice. We would cut the side wall out of an old street tire and stuff it inside our tires that way the screws would not reach the tube. That thing would hook up!