Winning on eBay

rmm727

So I offered this guy $30 shipped for this part. The part isn't available separately so I've never seen a price for it new. I don't think it would be all that hard to make if I really needed it but anyways, the guy replies that he put the item on eBay for $40 plus $15 shipped BIN but he would take $40 shipped. I replied that I offered him more than I wanted to spend already but I didn't want to offend him so that's why I offered the $30. I passed on the item but followed it on eBay. The first listing he pulled for some reason but the second one started at $0.99. I won it for $6.50 plus $15 shipping (which is too much but that's another story).

Funny how things work out. Wonder what he will think when he realizes he sold it to me.:laugh:

Lol That is funny I did almost the exact thing with a guy on EBay except on a set of wheels for my mustang. That guy even sent me a note when he shipped, saying he should of taken my offer. It cost him a $110. Yep Karma.

rmm727

I just got a message from the guy on another forum. He said "sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some" The guy has been pretty good to me but I didn't care for when I made an offer on the part and he quickly listed it on eBay.

thats why i never list stuff for less than I want for it. you cant depend on it getting bid up these days. got to feel bad for the guys that pay more for shipping than you paid for the item but its their own fault :shrug: I think alot of it is maybe their not so sober when they're messing around on the computer :laugh:

It happens. I've had many parts I thought would pull a decent amount and I end up starting the auction at $1 after a few weeks. If they don't sell then they go in the garbage or I give them to someone. I've got a few parts on Ebay right now that are like that.

The opposite happens as well. I recently listed a stock Harley cd player that was untested for $50. I had a guy offer me $75 the next day for it, which I was tempted to take. I told him no because I felt it should sell for more and it ended up going for $230. That's for a stock cd player that may not work. I even listed it as for parts or not working.