Wish I hadn't seen this

WLB

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction_images/205/documents/Click_For_Auction_Catalog.pdf
and really wish one couldn't bid online.
Anyone know what the minibike is at 25R?
I would really like to have the HMV Freeway at 52RH. I hope it goes for a crazy high price.
I would take that Series I King Midget, the Series II King Midget, or one of the Crosley Hotshots if the price was right.
One of those early Studebaker trucks would make a nice rat rod if it wasn't too ate up.
Anyone see anything you would like?

I'd be all over 64R, & 65RH, if I had a thicker checkbook.
WOW! A guy with a big checkbook could open his own Studebaker museum.
Definitely an eclectic collection.

Roger

WLB

Roger, I actually drove an Isetta back in 1957 or 1958. I went to the Ford dealership in Fairmont, WV with my Mother to have something minor done to her Ford and they had an almost new one they had taken in on trade. When I expressed interest in the car the salesman brought out the keys and said to take my Mother for a ride. I don't think it would run over 40 but it felt a bunch faster. If I remember right, I think the salesman said someone in the military had brought it back.

WOW! That would be worth the ride just to rubber neck.....

[MENTION=53489]Studeman68[/MENTION] How far is this for you??? You would have multiple choice of any kind of Stude there is. I have never seen a Studebaker School Buss but there are at least 2.

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] You close enough to go to this.......

[MENTION=34183]WLB[/MENTION] Thanks for posting this! Lots to see.

They have an odd Heald in the mix too. Day 2 number 416R.

Doug

Last edited:
WOW! That would be worth the ride just to rubber neck.....

[MENTION=53489]Studeman68[/MENTION] How far is this for you??? You would have multiple choice of any kind of Stude there is. I have never seen a Studebaker School Buss but there are at least 2.

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] You close enough to go to this.......

[MENTION=34183]WLB[/MENTION] Thanks for posting this! Lots to see.

They have an odd Heald in the mix too. Day 2 number 416R.

Doug
I read about this a while back...
Probably a couple hours from me.. If I didn't have a Disney trip coming up to pay for I'd have me another Stude... dammit

I read about this a while back...
Probably a couple hours from me.. If I didn't have a Disney trip coming up to pay for I'd have me another Stude... dammit
Dismal World and The Tragic Kingdom will be there next year........ and the year after...

Studes don't show up often....

I saw a Packard Golden Hawk in the listings. I had never seen one of those before. Its in the dictionary next to the definition for UGLY...

Doug

Dismal World and The Tragic Kingdom will be there next year........ and the year after...

Studes don't show up often....

I saw a Packard Golden Hawk in the listings. I had never seen one of those before. Its in the dictionary next to the definition for UGLY...

Doug
That will all be big money, and yep I've seen a Packard Golden Hawk before... Studebaker and Packard were one in the same in the later years...My 62 Lark Daytona had a tag in the door jamb with "Studebaker Packard" on it above the serial number...Almost kinda like Nash and Hudson merging and forming American Motors.. Studebaker and Packard for the most part kept separate identities... Till the end years... wish I still had that car...

buckeye

I now know more about Studebakers than I did 5 minutes ago.:laugh:
Thanks.

I need to be rich. You know, stinking rich. Money to just blow.
House at the beach. House in the mountains.
Camper to get ya to and fro.
Just spend what ever you want. On yourself and your family.

See stuff like this auction, buy whatever you want.
Build a new building to house them too.
Oh, just for a year....

Wow...I read the advertisement for the auction before looking down.

I just looked down, only through the first third of day one, and the damn goosebumps going down the back of my arms are making me laugh....:laugh:

Mr. Hackenberger has a great looking collection there.

It is nice to read of someone 'selling' their collection while they are alive....instead of their family doing so after their demise.

If yall are just looking at the posted PDF file you should go to the web page where you can actually see multiple pictures of all the items and they will open BIG so you can really see the item. You can also take the item number off the pic in the PDF file and search for that item.

I spent hours going through just the Saturday page..... Have not even opened the Sunday page yet....

Enjoy >>>> Saturday>>>> http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?detail=205

Sunday>>>>> http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?detail=206

Doug

Last edited:
OH MAN! So much cool stuff. Need me a Studebaker weasel. Much better than a golf cart for touring the neighbourhood. I agree that it's nice to see someone passing their collection on, for others to enjoy. Also nice to see buyers enthusiasm for your prized possessions before you're gone.

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

WLB

Thankfully, those HMV Freeways went for WAY more than I would ever pay for one. So did the Series I and Series II Kink Midgets. Now I don't have to make a trip to Ohio with a trailer. He got some big prices for things that may need to be totally overhauled before they could be useful.

That looked like a collection of someone who had money and good intentions. And that's where it stopped. Shame so many vehicles that nothing was done to restore them, or from the looks of them, protected from the elements.

Hmm, wonder how many minibikes you could fit in one of those Divco milk trucks? That would make a wild bike hauler.