Witch cam and rod to choose

Witch cam and rod should I choose for a 6.5 I/C? I am getting a pipe from Kart Pipes. He is going to custom make me one to try to keep bottom end and clear my frame on my CAT 250X. Also going to put a stock Animal carb and K/N on it. Has any one used Comp Cams?

Motra

I'm sure it'd be fine for a while if you don't overdo it. The rod and plastic cam are probably the weakest parts. I'd straighten the forks too, I've heard the Cats are kind of squirly even without bent forks.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The rod is a easy choice
The cam is very important, it will change the way the whole motor works. To big and it will be a top end motor, to small and it will be a bottom end motor. The smaller might be better if you don't plan on buying a race clutch with more stall in it. But if you plan on buying a race clutch then go for a bigger cam. like something around .275-.308 lift. but you will need the correct valve train and other HD parts to match. With the small cam you will only need the billet rod, billet flywheel, and stiffer springs. With the bigger cam you may need HD push rods, better locks, retainers, valves, dual springs, bigger carb, intake, and maybe a fuel pump.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Just give Jim at www.fastermotors.com a call, he'll help you out. I chose to use a world formula cam and wms rod. The cam is supposed to be one of the biggest you can still pull start. I also got a billet flywheel.
Jim is real cool, I get some parts from him every once in a while.
But he is gonna need some stall to get it moving properly. Stock the briggs WF comes with the .308" cam, but also has a race on it, that stalls at 4,200 RPM. That means it will run like a slug until it reaches this RPM.

You can find the Premier Titan clutch on ebay for around $60, but you will have to pay extra for a #35 chain gear to have to match your rear sprocket. Stock the clutch comes with a #219 chain gear on it.

So you think I made a bad choice picking the world formula cam? (Sorry to threadjack) I have a max torque draggin skin clutch.

That Faster Motors link doesn't seem to work.

Is it correct?

If you're looking for a "Witch" cam... May I suggest Lunati's Voodoo line. :001_tt2: :lol:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
No the 308 briggs WF cam works fine. The draggin skin clutch works good because it's a adjustable race clutch. So you should be fine, but the Premier Titan would be a better clutch.

Try this link Faster Motors