Won't stay running please help!!!

So i bought a mini bike a few days ago. It has a Tecumseh engine on it and for some reason i cannot get it to stay running. It starts on 1 pull but dies out a few seconds later. I tried giving it some gas in that few seconds that it stays running and there was absolutely no responce from it at all. Clogged Carb? Also, the kill switch is no longer there, there is one green wire that hooks up to 2 spots on the engine and runs up to the handle bars. At the handle bar end of it all that is there is a flat round piece. It's not connected to anything else. Could that be the problem? Please help me.

buckeye

Not allowed to ask any questions in your first post.
Naaaa, just kiddin with ya.
Have ya cleaned that carb at all?
Is it a adjustable carb or a primer bulb?
Is the fuel fresh?
Have you adjusted the carb at all?
These are a few of the questions you may be asked.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes.

Not allowed to ask any questions in your first post.
Naaaa, just kiddin with ya.
Have ya cleaned that carb at all?
Is it a adjustable carb or a primer bulb?
Is the fuel fresh?
Have you adjusted the carb at all?
These are a few of the questions you may be asked.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Haven't cleaned the carb, no primer bulb, just bought the fuel today, and no i haven't adjusted anything on it. Ty for the welcome.

buckeye

Well you need to clean the carb, I bet..sounds like she might be a bit thirsty. Adjust the adjustment thingys, get er tuned in just right.

Ok. I'll try to do that tomorrow. I'm new to these things and don't have much expierance but i can usually figure stuff out pretty quick and easily. The guy only wanted $50 for it and he said it does run good. Guess i'll find out tomorrow lol. Thanks alot. I'll report back to this thread and let ya know how it goes.

TomH

new plug would be nice. pour a cap full of seafoam in the tank if the tank is clean. If not clean the tank and the fuel line and the carb. Take the bowl off of the carb. If it looks like crap, you can bet the inside of the carb is the same.

TomH

might just be water in the bowl. If it has adjustable jets, a ghetto way is to take the bowl off, screw them out And blast them and the holes with carb cleaner . It would be nice to have a pic or two. we loooove pics

I don't have very good lighting on my porch so these pix didn't come out very well.
the 1st one is the handle bar end of the kill swith wire.
the 2nd one is the engine in general.
the 3rd one is the carb.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.

Cleaning the carburetor is usually a good place to start. Then it might need to be adjusted. If it does need adjusting; here's something that might help get you going in the right direction:

I already posted up pictures. They are the first post on the 2nd page. I'll post better one's tomorrow. This bike is gonna get a complete overhaul, New wheels and rims, New paint, Custom body, the whole 9 yards