yay!!!!! baja has redeemed itself

If he is not mistaken about the con-rod being made of steel then it's not stock-- but I have quite a collection of stock and aftermarket rods and they are all aluminum-and a steel rod's weight would alter ballance not to mention wear the crank.

im not much of a gear head when it come to the performance stuff. i know that a magnet stuck to the rod and my first guess was steel. do they make them out of another ferrous metal?

MikeBear

There are no "ferrous" metals other than iron containing metal. That's what the word means. Are you sure that magnet didn't stick to a bolt, nut, or screw of some sort?

MikeBear

Don't forget, he knows it's 5hp, because he towed a steep man, up a 230lb hill, that was on a skateboard...while checking it on a dynometer..

........or was that a 230lb man, up a steep hill that was on a skateboard, pushing a dynometer?

What I REALLY want to know, is how he got that hill to balance on a skateboard?

:laugh::laugh::detective:

Well, I'm running my 2.8 on milk so when it grows up it will run as strong as a 13HP engine.:laugh:

Unless someone sticks a 2.8 baja engine sticker on a different engine then its just one of those 2.8HP paperweights.
(I'd put a 2.8 engine sticker on a larger engine just for fun:innocent:)

HEY GraveBugger if your happy with it then its all good, if your happy with it then I'm happy for you.

The author is determined to convince us so why not open it up again and show us these parts that are allegedly steel. I'm guessing he hit a bolt or some other steel part, it was not the cylinder or rod IMO. And towing a 230# man up a hill? You must live in an area with gravity anomalies like they show on TV where things roll uphill because that's the only way that happened! And 5hp? Not if it were struck by lightning, the 2.8 is simply not capable of spinning enough revs or moving enough air to achieve 5hp. Having replaced one with a 1976 3hp briggs for my 7yo daughter I can tell you that the 2.8 does not even make an honest 2.8hp. That 34yo 3hp briggs will carry me along @ 210# and take off with little to no effort.:thumbsup:

This story is interesting but so very unbelievable it's funny, a little early for April fools jokes GraveBugger.........:laugh: