Your first mini bike and it’s good stories

Man, that is the coolest, Mini Bike ever extended forks, like a chopper, signed and artwork by big daddy Roth. Don’t ever get rid of that. That is one of a kind.
Thank you kindly!
Regrettably, Big Daddy Ed left us back in '01. That is 'Little Daddy', his son. I forget his name off the top of my head. Met him last February at the Starbird Rod and Custom show in Tulsa. I used his custom paint on my bike. If you get the chance, don't hesitate to say hello to him.
I have around 350 street miles on my bike, and it shows when you get close. No matter, I built it to ride and enjoy. It stays with me till the end.

clearing out an attic and just found these... I’m sure someone on here has a few good stories.
View attachment 307146
I was the kid buying them by the brick, bottle rockets by the gross and selling them for .25 cents a pack to whoever would buy them.
I was probably 12 years old when that started. About a year ago I ran into a childhood friend (got him in trouble with mini bikes his dad said dont leave the football field, I showed him the fun of roaming the streets in the middle of the night on a minibike) first two questions he asked...do you still have a minibike and do you have any fireworks??? I said yes to both.

At 14 I let my brother Alan ride my Mac powered Taco , 8 years old , he was clumsy at times . I gave them the understanding of rotating the throttle backwards to go forward to slow and where the break was.. he jumped on it what full throttle all the way into the neighbor at the church lot’s perfect Rose Garden. Cut one of those and a half to the ground and the feared caretaker of the church came out and that was that..

Yeah, my alternate name for my bike is '2nd Childhood'. I'm on the road, house-sitting for friends and don't have access to my pix. 1968 Fox Sprite that I have adulterated...
I too, have an adulterated Fox; though in my case it's a '65 Doodlebug. I put a Clinton Panther and 2-speed on it.

It was my first minibike! The neighbor teenagers dropped it off for free, it was crusty and old and had a 6B-S Briggs that didn't run.

I sold it a while ago, then I missed it, so I bought it back.
Then installed the 2-speed.

Attachments

Last edited:
I too, have an adulterated Fox; though in my case it's a '65 Doodlebug. I put a Clinton Panther and 2-speed on it.

It was my first minibike! The neighbor teenagers dropped it off for free, it was crusty and old and had a 6B-S Briggs that didn't run.

I sold it a while ago, then I missed it, so I bought it back.
Then installed the 2-speed.
Congratulations, our first , first mini bike “ bought back”

My Sprite was the same color new. Repainted at least twice when I got it.
Love the Clinton, and the original Carlisle Double Indians. Cool bike!
The Carlisles are actually originally from my Rupp TT-500 (probably originally an XL-350 or 500). The Fox originally had diamond-tread Goodyears, but I got rid of them when the sidewall cracked so bad I could see the inner tube! 20230919_193143.jpg

I know I am not the only one who put an M80 in a rural mail box.
Used to dead fall as a kid…caught a still half live possum took it and stuffed it in the bus drivers mail box, as we knew he always reached across his truck to open the mail box from the passenger window…well the story was there was a bitter fight to the end….he always thought he knew who did it but never could prove it….man he was pissed…grumpy old bastard…oh the days before cell phones and cameras everywhere!

f4radar

I wish I could remember. Those brain cells were overwritten in Thailand in 1973. I know I had a minibike but I don't know what it was, where I got it, or what ever happened to it. I had to have built in from scraps I drug home from the dump. It probably had a bicycle front end and no kickstand,no brakes, no clutch, a rope to pull the throttle, and the tires leaked air. I can be fairly certain I was a danger to anyone unlucky enough to cross my path. I do remember riding in a field, hitting a hole, and flying over the handle bars. I still have a 4 inch scar on the inside of my thigh from the long handlebar bolt to remind me.

Last edited:
I wish I could remember. Those brain cells were overwritten in Thailand in 1973. I know I had a minibike but I don't know what it was, where I got it, or what ever happened to it. I had to have built in from scraps I drug home from the dump. It probably had a bicycle front end and no kickstand,no brakes, no clutch, a rope to pull the throttle, and the tires leaked air. I can be fairly certain I was a danger to anyone unlucky enough to cross my path.
We all need some humor during the day and thanks for providing some