Briggs animal build

These are pics of the stock head the other one already had some porting done but I didn't like it and am reworking it .. Figured you wanted pics of stock any how . I will post pics of the other head when done .

The first 4 pics are exhaust port

The next 4 are intake port

The intake is opened up a bit more on the stock Animal than the Intek head--less of a "D" shape. On my Quas-Animal, I left the exhaust alone and reshaped the intake port into a semi smooth big "D." Since I'm running a coil, I wasn't worried about flow at high rpm, never gonna get that high.

thank you for the pictures. I once saw a post from MDB where he mentioned that the animal head was not as good as a clone head. Looking at your pictures it looks like the animal head has the runner raised and at less of an angle than a clone, which I think is an advantage, unless I am looking at it wrong.

Hey ole , it is the general consensus that a animal/world formula head will never flow as well as a Honda /clone .. I have read up on the subject a little but can't remember exact flow numbers off the top of my head but they are significantly lower !!! Unless you bump up to the billet head

delray

ole4 or trinik7597, are the briggs intek series heads the same as the animal, but with the smaller valves or they completely different. also is there any advantages with cast iron sleeve engines or are you just carrying dead weight.

ole4 or trinik7597, are the briggs intek series heads the same as the animal, but with the smaller valves or they completely different. also is there any advantages with cast iron sleeve engines or are you just carrying dead weight.
Don't know about the heads but I believe all these motor are sleeved anymore .

No ... I am going to start posting on this again very soon just got the new rings installed the other night so now I can finish up the bottom end