# Powell Project #

Very nice!! And you beat me, cause I have some stuff off at the chrome place too. And like you, haven't heard from them.

I like the way the wing mounting bolt came out. I decided to have the seat frame and wing bolt done too.

Did they plate the springs inside the forks also? It's hard to see. I need sun glasses !!

Thanks Ang...

Those look great Buddy!! Gonna finish off that Powell real nice with everything else you did to it!! :thumbsup: Waiting for finished pictures...................waiting.....................still waiting...........................I'm still here!! :laugh:
Thanks Jason.....and I'll get some pics soon...but I got to get it together first.:hammer::grind::laugh:
Very nice!! And you beat me, cause I have some stuff off at the chrome place too. And like you, haven't heard from them.

I like the way the wing mounting bolt came out. I decided to have the seat frame and wing bolt done too.

Did they plate the springs inside the forks also? It's hard to see. I need sun glasses !!
Thanks Airman...and yes they plated the springs on the fork tubes, but not the longer ones that go up in the forks...good luck on your parts I waited about 6 to 7 weeks on mine.

Thanks Doug....and what makes you think I've been riding it ????? :shifty:

Anyway....:laugh: on with tha build. Ok so I didn't really realize that there was a left and a right side lower fork tube.....I mean you got a 50..50 shot of getting it right...right ??? NO...my first shot was wrong:no: as the wheel/tire was laying well to the left side of the forks and slanted badly ...:laugh: after back tracking I seen the problem, and I'm posting this so others will know .
............POWELL LOWER FORKS LEFT AND RIGHT...left and right is determined by setting on the seat....not in front of the bike looking at the forks.

LEFT SIDE FORK LOWER

RIGHT SIDE LOWER FORK

Sorry guys hopefully I'll get some pics soon....and I'm getting real close to the first ride !:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Great information !!!

Plus with the internet, these posts tend to last a long time, so you are helping future generations of Powell owners !! And for me, it's great to have somebody a few steps ahead of me...... doing all the leg work !!!

But............ my forks are totally different. ?? That leads me to think that they are more than one design when it comes to the front fork setup on the Challenger. Mine didn't have the plate added to the left fork lower tube. It had some sort of tab extension. It looked original, and I'll post a picture when I get them. Also, I can't remember having those small springs you had plated. Were they on the outside?

Any Powell experts know of different front fork setups?

Great information !!!

Plus with the internet, these posts tend to last a long time, so you are helping future generations of Powell owners !! And for me, it's great to have somebody a few steps ahead of me...... doing all the leg work !!!

But............ my forks are totally different. ?? That leads me to think that they are more than one design when it comes to the front fork setup on the Challenger. Mine didn't have the plate added to the left fork lower tube. It had some sort of tab extension. It looked original, and I'll post a picture when I get them. Also, I can't remember having those small springs you had plated. Were they on the outside?

Any Powell experts know of different front fork setups?
I'am not an expert but the H models are a little different than the E and D models . I've had H's apart and they are odd you can't get all the stuff off them unless you do more work than OND did . The E's and D's come apart easy put the clip out and it's all slides off .

Wowzers that turned out great!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Kenny....

Awesum!!nice job..
Thank you Raskin ...

So nice !!!

Pictures from the other side.....Please !!

And some close ups too !!
Thanks Airman, and I'll try to get some better pics this weekend.

Well I hope your happy!! :laugh: That thing looks like a million bucks!! I think I'm in love!! :blink:
Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm very happy..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and well not a million bucks but close after chroming ! :laugh: Oh and I did get a short ride today...:innocent: I love it already !!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Wait a minute.........you mean these are the bad picts?.....:facepalm: I can't wait to see a pict of this that you do like!!!! :thumbsup:
Well....the chrome looks white to me..:laugh:.I think it looks better in person. Better pics and a ride video soon . The Briggs 5HP cranks and runs great !

I really like that seat color choice over the black too!!!! Goes great with the yellow and chrome!!!!
Me to Jason....I'm glad I listened to you. :thumbsup: