# Powell Project #

Airman
I just went through my notes 6045-H owned by Darrel Sparks His bike was one of eleven sold on 11/17/70 and one of thirteen built on 11/12/70 hope this info helps. :thumbsup:
Great !! Thanks!!

That puts it right in the ballpark. Maybe I'll have the frame back from the powder coater in time for it's birthday !!

So I called the chromer yesterday and the lady said that she got my check last week and would try to ship my forks out today...:facepalm:

WOW, Beautiful work!!! I'd be afraid of chipping the paint or getting it dirty.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Oh and a spring install trick we use in the shop for vehicle door hinge springs. Two long pieces of mechanics wire, slide them down the length of the spring, one on each side. Compress the spring in a vice. Twist the wires on each side like you do on a loaf of bread. Remove spring from vice, install into location, snip wires, and pull the wires out. Saves on damaged paint, damaged fingers, and having to find the spring when it goes flying.

The anticipation .
It's killing me ^^^
WOW, Beautiful work!!! I'd be afraid of chipping the paint or getting it dirty.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Yea.........me to guys ! :censure::censure:^&##!%#**&$@$ :mad:

Don't think I'll be using these chromers again....theres no customer service at all ! Parts have been done for over two weeks now....I paid for the parts a week and half ago. My check cleared over a week ago....and still no :censure::censure: parts. The lady said she was going to ship them last Thursday....but still no parts !!!!

Last edited:

Itype2slo

Eric, do you have to weld the bearings back in or is the chrome doing that? I used to use an old polisher to do my chrome but he was flakey and sometimes wouldn't show up to his shop for days. I would worry he wouldn't come back with my parts inside. But he always came back and finished late. Have faith