mrpat's - Bonanza BC1400 - (Vintage Class)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Lately I've been busy working at home and at work, hence my mini bike build has slowed down (temporarily). I decided to take the evening off and work a bit in the garage. I wired up the headlight with hi low beam switch and kill switch. I also wired up the rear tail light and the brake light switch. Sorry but I didn't take any pictures.

Here are a few pix of the wiring. I should have taken them as I was going... bad Pat, bad.

Picked up some nice wire and bullet connectors from Amazon.
Red wire from headlight bucket is positive and frame is ground. Yellow wire leads to kill switch.

I figured 1 power lead from engine to front and the other power lead to rear.

Pat make sure you put a short piece of heat shrink on the end of the wire cover so that it does not unravel. I am sure you already knew that but I didn't want you to miss it.... It looks good. I did all the wiring on my Super Bronc with the wire cover. I got mine of Ebay along with the self sealing heat shrink.

On the Super Bronc the "kill" button is integrated in the throttle housing so you ended up with a loose wire running mostly wild either zip tied down the throttle cable or the handle bar. I slid some mesh over the throttle cable and slid the wire neatly along the cable inside the mesh. A little heat shrink on the top end and then massage the mesh down taught along the cable with another piece of heat shrink and it all disappeared.

Doug

Pat make sure you put a short piece of heat shrink on the end of the wire cover so that it does not unravel. I am sure you already knew that but I didn't want you to miss it.... It looks good. I did all the wiring on my Super Bronc with the wire cover. I got mine of Ebay along with the self sealing heat shrink.

On the Super Bronc the "kill" button is integrated in the throttle housing so you ended up with a loose wire running mostly wild either zip tied down the throttle cable or the handle bar. I slid some mesh over the throttle cable and slid the wire neatly along the cable inside the mesh. A little heat shrink on the top end and then massage the mesh down taught along the cable with another piece of heat shrink and it all disappeared.

Doug
I actually realized that after I installed the mesh. I only have white and blue shrink tube in my electrical drawer, but I plan on purchasing some. Thanks for the tip Doug! The mesh sure cleans up the wiring, I'm very happy with it.

I actually realized that after I installed the mesh. I only have white and blue shrink tube in my electrical drawer, but I plan on purchasing some. Thanks for the tip Doug! The mesh sure cleans up the wiring, I'm very happy with it.
I just posted updated pics of my Super Bronc and you can see how much neater it is than it was. Its good stuff and works well for the little bit of wire we need to run.

This is the heat shrink I bought in 3/8 and 1/4. It is 3 to 1 so you can slide it over a terminal and shrink it all the way down to wire sze while protecting the terminal too.

It has the sealer in it and it wont slide on the wire. I do one end and then massage the cover down to tighten it and then put a piece on the other end. Stays nice and uniform that way with no loose spots.

3/8" Black Adhesive Glue Lined Heat Shrink Tubing 4FT Marine Tuner Motec AEM | eBay

Doug

I started re-assembly of the engine this evening. Ordered the water transfer slide decals today also. Should look pretty cool with the BC-1400 sticker on the cover.

Got the new decals in the mail yesterday and was able to get them on the engine today. I love the water slide engine decals. I've seen the vinyl stickers but they don't do nothing for me.

Pat if I'm reading the ID plate on your engine its a 70 model H50 ? You probably posted it back in the thread some where. This thing is going to romp with that H50 on it .