Dragracertpp, Bonanza Chopper, Vintage Class

Got both sets of wheels back together, will post some pictures tomorrow. Will also get the brakes right this weekend.

Spent all last weekend working on a motor. It ran great on another bike before we tore it down, cleaned it up, painted it, and got the shroud hydro dipped. Well, it didn't work out, it was greasy/oily when it was on the other bike. First thing we did before painting it/cleaning it was drain the oil. It has a cracked block, seal leaks around the shaft, and where the governor arm is it leaks oil. It's too much for us to tackle so... I will pick up another motor from roccosbike tomorrow!

Hopefully now these bikes will come together pretty quick now, will post some pics tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Man that powdercoat turned out awesome! Who did you end up using? I'm looking for a powdercoater in the area.
Thanks!! All honesty I don't know if I'd use the guy again for powdercoat. He had tons of colors, turn around was okay, the quality of it isn't the greatest. Had to reject the bikes a couple times. He does great for hydro dipping though!! It's actually close to you, "2mc custom coatings" off of 53 and north ave.

The scat cat i had powder coated by a guy in wood dale named AJ, he owns "last chance powdercoatings" the quality and prices are fantastic, also he did all that work on my tank. He just has maybe 5-8 stock "custom" colors to choose from. I will be using him from now on, I'll just have to pay more for him to order what colors I want. Quality he has is phenomenal.

I tried to use another guy in wood dale off Irving, my frame sat there for 3 weeks and it's like he didn't want to do it. I picked it back up, won't go back.

The 2mc guy is really nice, has a lot of options. He just doesn't do it as well as AJ. If you'd like, we arnt far, you can come look at the frames and see what I mean before committing to one.

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wanted to go really old school with the colors, lots of flake, different colors.

Thanks for asking! It's not too bad at the moment. I can't lift a thing still, I have been good and really trying not to aggravate it. Still going to physical therapy but going on 2 months since I hurt it and it's still aggravating so I will be going for a MRI Thursday. It will tell me more then the X-rays did atleast.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Go easy with the back...I've had three surgeries with the last being Titanium Rods and 3" screws. Been a little over a year since last surgery and I'm still getting back up to speed. If you were in my neck of the woods, I have a great neurosurgeon to recommend! Bikes look absolutely fabulous. :thumbsup:

Go easy with the back...I've had three surgeries with the last being Titanium Rods and 3" screws. Been a little over a year since last surgery and I'm still getting back up to speed. If you were in my neck of the woods, I have a great neurosurgeon to recommend! Bikes look absolutely fabulous. :thumbsup:
Thanks!! Wow, that is scary! And yeah, the company I'm with actually is changing my position so I don't really have to lift anymore. I have an appointment April 13th with an orthopedic surgeon so I should know more soon on what I have to do to make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Okay, finally add some pictures!

Start out with saying a huge thankyou to roccosbike for helping us out today looking at an engine of ours and selling us a great running engine to use for one of the bikes. He is a very informative guy, very helpful, really appreciate him taking the time to help us out!

20180331_144936.jpg 20180331_144941.jpg 20180331_145155.jpg 20180331_145159.jpg 20180331_145218.jpg 20180331_145221.jpg 20180331_145235.jpg 20180331_145239.jpg
We will get rid of the paint in the brake drum. I want to thank minibikin' too for sending the one sissy bar over, cleaned up really well!

We made this engine stand that we anchor down to some existing anchors for a tire stand we use. Its just a harbor freight motorcycle stand with the tank mounted on. Works great! Thought id share 20180331_164731.jpg 20180331_164736.jpg

red baron

I'm glad to see things coming together for you so nicely. Like minded people helping each other out, That's what makes a hobby a great hobby! Looking good

Okay, finally add some pictures!

We made this engine stand that we anchor down to some existing anchors for a tire stand we use. Its just a harbor freight motorcycle stand with the tank mounted on. Works great! Thought id share
I have one of those that I use for assembly. Hadn't thought of using it as an engine stand. Great idea. I can set some lead anchors in the concrete driveway and clamp it down: much easier to get the engine in tune. Thank YOU!

Thanks ! It actually worked out really well for us already, we wouldnt have found out our motor we were going to use was so problematic. We would have found that out when it was on the bike. Took apart the motor today, its really rough off. I have no idea what this thing went through at one point Screenshot_20180401-192139.png 20180401_143055.jpg

Getting them together now. Purple one should be a roller tomorrow. Going to get the engine pin stripped by a local rat rod guy friday, Voodoo larry. 20180409_164549.jpg Is there anything i need to do to start up the clinton for the first time?

Thanks ! It actually worked out really well for us already, we wouldnt have found out our motor we were going to use was so problematic. We would have found that out when it was on the bike. Took apart the motor today, its really rough off. I have no idea what this thing went through at one point View attachment 104260 View attachment 104261
That thing threw a rod bad enough to blow a hole through the side AND seize the crank. It must have been spinning hard when it blew, too.