Dragracertpp, Bonanza Chopper, Vintage Class

Well, I have enough parts to build them both so I am. Not making another build thread, going to do them both on here. The bent up frame will be a lower $ build but I have enough bonanza parts to make them mostly original but the motors.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Got into them today, fixed the jackshaft plate on the black frame and tweaked some things / fixed some welds.

Removing the front fork the bolt head snapped off and the bolt was rusted in the frame. So I welded a nut to the bottom of it to try and move it while heating it, eventually I got to turn it and had to get someone to beat it out while I turned it [emoji23]. Took about 2 hours to get it out.

Going to try and square up the other frame the best I can and then replace metal, cleaned up some stuff on that today too.

Never knew a fork would be so hard to remove [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not that it matters but I think the kickstand for the chopper is the same as the BC bonanza's. It bolts under the motor plate using the same hole as one of the engine bolts. I shipped the pan yesterday.:thumbsup:

Thanks Karen, looking forward to taking staples out [emoji23]. I am just going to use a couple mini bike kick stands off of OldMiniBikes, much cheaper way of doing it. Surprising how fast money adds up in these builds [emoji23]

red baron

I'm sorry about your troubles but I'm relieved because I thought I was the only one having this kind of troubles. Good luck on the rest of the build!

Thanks Karen, looking forward to taking staples out [emoji23]. I am just going to use a couple mini bike kick stands off of OldMiniBikes, much cheaper way of doing it. Surprising how fast money adds up in these builds [emoji23]

Ain't that the truth ! :thumbsup: This little bike parts add up quick ...and you are doing two !

Ain't that the truth ! :thumbsup: This little bike parts add up quick ...and you are doing two !
I didn't mean to do 2 [emoji23] but having enough parts to do them both so why not. After the nos motor, sissy bars, seats, wheels, it's a lot more then I thought I'd have in them. Amazing how much bonanza stuff cost. Gonna stick with my efenels after these for a while [emoji23][emoji23]

red baron

I was told when I was into vintage snowmobile"It's expensive to switch brands". It was more true than I ever thought possible so why wouldn't it hold true to other hobbies. I can't believe how lucky you where to find another frame that was actually pretty nice.

I was told when I was into vintage snowmobile"It's expensive to switch brands". It was more true than I ever thought possible so why wouldn't it hold true to other hobbies. I can't believe how lucky you where to find another frame that was actually pretty nice.
I was very lucky, I had a guy contact me on a Craigslist ad that I had posting a frame. He asked me if I was interested in a bonanza chopper [emoji23] I have no clue why he picked me to message about it, it was meant to be [emoji23] I agree, some brands are easier and a lot cheaper to build, some are way more. This is my first bonanza(s), I can't wait to see how they turn out but I won't search for more [emoji23]

Last edited:
I was just looking at your first frame, it just amazes me how people think they can fix something with a hammer
Amazes me too, the chopper Marcus built was even worse then this one. These frames seem pretty basic but every single thing is a fight [emoji23] I had a spare fork that I sent out right away for chrome. The other 2 took probably 6-7 hours to get apart, both wheel sets were terrible and the one frame had the fork bolt that rotted in and broke [emoji23] now move on to the sissy bars, I know that 1 will for sure be a fight. After that though it should be a lot easier

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, I was going to have a nice big update today but it didn't work out. I got the 2 frames prepped for powdercoat and got one back today. I took it back, it just was not right. The other frame is a week or so out too. I did get the engine cover back for the frame my dad took over. And I still can't post pics from the app [emoji23] I will update it when I get on the computer with a few pics. Also have the fork & sissy bar back from chroming.

Kinda a slow road right now for me with this, hurt my back at work and have had a bad month or so. Can't sit, can't stand, can't lift, just aggravating. Another 6 weeks or so of physical therapy, hopefully things work out.