Dragracertpp, Bonanza Chopper, Vintage Class

Got them apart! In between my dad and I we have about 7-8 hours in just getting the tires off and them apart. Didn't want to damage them.

I don't really have a garage to work in, even after I get rid of that atv I can't weld/ grind/ make a mess [emoji23] have about a 2' x 3' area at the moment, it will work though. Can kinda use my work as a shop, sometimes. Another layer of challenge to the build off! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Does anyone have a good guy for chroming they can refer? I'm getting a couple quotes right now but I'd rather use someone other people have worked with. Going to pull the fork off this weekend and get it ready, sissy bar is ready to go. Thanks OldMiniBikes!

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

I couldn't move my arms for 2 days after that. lol. The back of my arms was so sore from working screw drivers and a tire tool around and around and around the rims. lol

Good to hear you got the wheels apart! You won’t believe some of the nutty things I tried doing to get a Carlisle double Indianhead off of a cat wheel and then finally resorting to using a sawzall.

MSPTREX

I fought with my taco wheels as well. But a friend has an RLV bead breaker specially made for 5 and 6 inch wheels. They are around $50 on eBay, it is worth the purchase for him since he kart races, might not be for someone only using it once in awhile but sure helped me out!

I fought with my taco wheels as well. But a friend has an RLV bead breaker specially made for 5 and 6 inch wheels. They are around $50 on eBay, it is worth the purchase for him since he kart races, might not be for someone only using it once in awhile but sure helped me out!
That looks like a good investment. I didn't know they made them special for mini bike &I go carts. Thanks for letting me know! Will definitely be getting one

I can't wait to get my rims back to see them in person! Cambo61 does great work and happy he was willing to help out with this build.

The sissy bar and fork are out for chroming

I started on the frame...
first real good look at the frame and it has issues, I was not prepared for how off this thing is. It's not square at all, the foot pegs seems like they are so rotted I can just break them off by hand. Some of the slots on the engine plate have been elongated. The left side of the frame at the fork tube is about half an inch higher then the right. This frame became too much too fast [emoji23] very inexperienced in working on the frames.
I did sandblast it and spend a while tweaking it with a press, it got better but not much for the squareness of it. I will build this frame, just on another build. Ideally when I have some room in the summer to attempt to fix it the right way.

I did find another frame, I will be cleaning it up soon but it's in much better shape then the other. It's square and doesn't need tubing replaced, foot pegs are in nice shape, sits level at the fork tube. I will fill the holes in on the motor plate and replace the jackshaft plate that is broken.
I'm lucky I found another to build, it kinda found me I guess so it's meant to be [emoji23]