The Official VINTAGE Snowmobile, Ski Machine and Sled Thread

Oh man this is gonna take a while..:facepalm:...just by the sillouette of the overall shape in my mind I think it had to be Ski-Doo...plus I remember it had a common name...not something cool like a RUPP. The front was very plain...just a round slab that went all the way down close to the ground..chrome moulding wrap around bumper... single cenetred headlight in it.......seemed you could hardly see the front skis sticking out. Nothing fancy about it...no louvers, no scoops, no lettering. Short windhsield...no seat back.

I kinda remember there was a large round silver "bell" on the drive....in fact when it idled it made a ding ding sound like a bell ringing ....hahaha..I know..."oh brother" !!! :doah:

but that's the kind of stupid stuff that sticks in my brain....:eek:ut:

Last edited:
that last site i posted is the best one.if it was a ski-doo it should be on there.
6-7 pages of bubblenose only. the clutches did ding-ding :laugh:

oldsledz

It must have had a few mods, when new it would have had an upholstered back rest, a tall windshield , and the hood should have been bolted on they didn't open.

Oldsledz are you sure the backrest wasn't an option....I see a few pics now from that era that don't have it.

The winshield probably cracked off and he trimmed it down and re-intalled it...I remember thinking it was worthless because your face was way above it....

Damn I would swear you snapped off a couple latches and that front tilted forward to access the motor...:confused:

It was really flimsly, flexing back and forth and had a couple chains or cables to limit how far it swung forward....I know I opened it enough times...:doah:

Last edited: