TOM THUMB "Twin Sister"/Scratch Class

randy's mount looks like about 45 degrees.i have a 90 degree one.
i'll go put an engine on it and take some measurements

you might gain alittle more space if you weld your engine plate under the frame :shrug:

don't think its gunna fit karen,unless you change something on your upper frame tube to allow clearance for the carb

maybe it's a good thing you didn't win the Clinton it might not have fit either.better get the dimensions on any engine you might think of using first

I'm not touching those frame tubes. Too much work already:doah: Thanks for measuring Randy:thumbsup: I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.:laugh: I do have a O&R engine. I just wanted more power........for what reason, I have no idea:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did a couple notches today and got the foot bar tac welded on. Really tricky to get every thing square and level. Its hard to weld in the basement, can't see that well. Came out pretty square:thumbsup: Better than the other Tom Thumb:laugh:

How did the tube notcher with the new bi metal hole saws work for ya Karen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
It didn't work as good as the one I borrowed from my friend. The quality of his was a lot better. I did 3 or 4 notches and I think the bushings are shot:shrug: Pretty wiggly:laugh: I'm going to put some grease in there and see if that helps. I did put a tiny bit of oil on the shaft.

I used one of those HF notchers to build an off road race buggy chassis. It was all 1.5" and 1.25 DOM in .095, .083 and .065 wall thicknesses. I went through 4 hole saw bits. Keeping it oiled helped but the thing was pretty beat up by the time the frame was done. Keeping the cutter lubed and cool helps them last. i used a spray bottle with water to cool and an oil can to keep it lubed. I used a hand drill for most of it but when I hooked it up in a drill press it bent the tapered shaft that the chuck connects to. $30 later my drill press was good as new but I don't put the notcher in it anymore.

This bike is gonna be a little bit of fun. Can't wait to see how your choice of power plants turns out.