TOM THUMB "Twin Sister"/Scratch Class

I used one of those HF notchers to build an off road race buggy chassis. It was all 1.5" and 1.25 DOM in .095, .083 and .065 wall thicknesses. I went through 4 hole saw bits. Keeping it oiled helped but the thing was pretty beat up by the time the frame was done. Keeping the cutter lubed and cool helps them last. i used a spray bottle with water to cool and an oil can to keep it lubed. I used a hand drill for most of it but when I hooked it up in a drill press it bent the tapered shaft that the chuck connects to. $30 later my drill press was good as new but I don't put the notcher in it anymore.

This bike is gonna be a little bit of fun. Can't wait to see how your choice of power plants turns out.
Thanks for the tips. I'm using DOM .083. I need to get a good bit:doah: It ate one of my new bits already:laugh::laugh: Think I only need to make 2 more cuts.

I read like a ditz sometimes, was paging back through the thread and saw the shot of the tape on the inner frame. HOLY smokes this is smaller than I thought:doah: 190mm thats barely enough room for a 6 pack of beer.

Theres not much knocking around in SA, but I found a few weed waker motors and this link for Bicycles http://www.ecotrax.biz/ maybe you could find something similar.

Happy hunting:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Is that engine on ebay a counter clock wise engine? Would have to have pull start on opposite side of bike and air cleaner towards front of bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

O&R?

I don't know the dimensions of a harbor freight 99cc engine less the fuel tank. Do you think that might work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited: