"Before and After" pics

I needed a minibike completed by this Sunday with minimal money invested. Luckily I had a frame, wheels and a lot of parts that needed to do more than sit on the shelf. For everything else I am lucky enough to live close to Motor City Minis oh yeah and I bought a Hemi Predator.

I bought this frame from MeanDean about 3 years ago.

I sandblasted and primed it a few months ago just for the heck of it which came in handy because I only had 2 days to finish this build (standing up in a wedding so Friday and Saturday are out and I work 24 hrs Thursday).

I decided to leave it in primer and go extremely bare bones on it since I plan on painting it soon.

The wheels are purple from the last bike they were on. Again no time to change it so I will just embrace the purple patina.

That muffler gets pretty hot so I might have to cut a seat out of some birch plywood that I have laying around.

Thanks again Mean Dean and thanks to Motor City Minis and to Uncle Bill for the wheels!

chrisr

Fox Condor - Before and after

Ever since I was young I thought it would be fun to put a 2-cycle snowblower engine on a mini bike so when this Fox didn't have the original engine I thought this would be a good candidate for a 3hp 2-cycle snow blower engine on it. The Fox was in pretty bad shape which required me to weld a new piece into the frame near the seat, weld in new lower fork tubes, weld up a new swing arm and weld up a engine plate. It was a lot of work to get it going again and its not real fast with a 220 lbs rider but it sounds good....

chrisr

Kawasaki-Taco hybrid - Before and after

This Kawasaki-Taco hybrid started out as a Taco that had a bad swing arm and front forks and a Kawasaki KV75 with a wrecked frame and no engine. It's a lot of fun to ride and it was a fun project.

buckeye

Man, both those bikes look fantastic.

If that Fffoooxxxx ever needs a new home, I have a bunch of his cousins in the garage and she wouldn't be lonely.:laugh:.

Both great looking bikes. :thumbsup:

I broke into the OldMiniBikes scene after I found my original DB30 on Craigslist and on a whim bought it, not knowing anything about them...I can honestly say I'm hooked now!

When I got it, it was for the most part all stock. It had the original Baja 97cc engine in it (it ran, and was in decent shape) and as we all know...was not near enough power to it :glare:. It was also painted black, with some dings and dents here and there.

Before:

After only having it for a few days, I immediately started tinkering...I purchased the HF Predator 212cc and mounted it on the hotrodminibikes.com PMR stage 1 engine mount, max torque 12t clutch, #35 chain, and threw some new grips on it.

After:

I have the ODB30 underseat header w/ RLV welded muffler, re-jet kit, and UNI filter in the mail ready to go on ASAP too. :shifty: