Recent content by Backyard Builder

1. Backyard Builder

Tracked 2x2 mini build

Man, you always have some of the coolest projects here :smile: This is gonna be a tank! Totally unstoppable :thumbsup:
  2. Backyard Builder

Build Off Judging

I would vote for all of them if I could! You guys put a lot of effort into your minibikes and they are all GREAT! :thumbsup:
  3. Backyard Builder

The unofficial Canadian thread EH!

Hi Dann0! I'm from Quebec (I think I'm the only one so far). I mostly find parts at the metal scrapyard where I work (SNF), or at my local Canadian Tire store. I just got a snowmobile torque converter for FREE this week :smile: I have one mini right now (homemade).
  4. Backyard Builder

My home made Go Cart

Scrapheap challenge was pretty cool, too! The Barley Pickers were the best team EVER on that show. "Proper job!" lol :)
  5. Backyard Builder

Build off ending. (Post here)

I am entering mine in the "no limits" class: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/1066-building-mini-scratch-12.html
  6. Backyard Builder

Head on straight ?

I consider that my brain is worth more than the price of a helmet, so I always wear one. If you damage your brain you'll never ride a mini again.
  7. Backyard Builder

Building a mini from scratch

I got them from an old lawnmower.
  8. Backyard Builder

atv minibike

I built a four wheeler, too. You guys just gave me excuse to show these pics again :biggrin: I wanted front and rear suspensions, so I went with a swingarm in the rear and single a-arms in the front. The a-arms were built to be bombproof so they don't bend under normal use (and abuse!). I...
  9. Backyard Builder

I did try this bike without a jackshaft at first, but the engine just didn't have enough torque. But with a gigantic engine (8hp or more) I think it would be possible. As Oldsalt said, it all depends on how big a pulley you can fit on the rear wheel.
  10. Backyard Builder

Last day of the build off.

I'm done and I'd like to know where to put the final pics too. :thumbsup:
  11. Backyard Builder

DOT Tires

Check here, this tire is DOT approved and about 16 inches tall. It's the smallest I can find. Trailer Parts Superstore - 4.80 x 4.0-8" Trailer Tire, L.R. 'B'
  12. Backyard Builder

Thanks guys :smile: The brake pads are made out of aluminium. The disc is a piece of 1/4 mild steel straightened on a surface grinder.
  13. Backyard Builder

Everything works fine. The clutch works well and the brake is powerful enough to lock the wheel. It's as slow as a bulldozer though :smile:
  14. Backyard Builder

Here its is, finally: the finished product! Thanks for your interest and support everyone! I'll probably have a new project this summer... the multi-speed belt drive :smile:
  15. Backyard Builder

Can I enter the build-off?

Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure it was ok. You know, just so I don't cause a flame war or something and get yelled at for breaking the rules. Hahaha! Yeah, I have 0.00001% chance of winning. But who cares, I just want to participate :thumbsup: Its not the destination but the journey...