Recent content by frdmrckr

1. F

Why Remove the governer?

Yeah. governor removal is probably a good idea. I didnt and yesterday the arm on the governor slipped and the pin holding it up slipped to so it just took off on me stuck in full throttle. Started in full throttle to. My dad didnt believe (im only 16) and it took off into my moms van. Not fun
  2. F

clone governor

I might just do this. Ive been using it for a while now with the governor and it isnt doing it for me. It remove it but its a pain to take out my motor. Maybe when i get more oil and a day
  3. F

clone governor

Can you just remove the arm from the governor and rig the throttle or does it have to come completely out
  4. F

Random Stalling

Sorry for the typing error. I meant to say i put the cap back on after i take it off. I might drill a venting hole myself though. but first i will porbably clean the carb. I dont really want to buy a new cap.
  5. F

Random Stalling

I have a newly built clone db and the thing keeps stalling.:censure: I dont want to have to disassemble the carb. I dont kow what it is. The weird thing is if i take of the gas cap for a little then it will run longer but it eventualy stalls. it does the same thing if i take off the air box...
  6. F

engine mount slots

thanks for the repsonses. i did what superior did. thanks again
  7. F

installing harbor freight engine

i just bolted the engine on in one spot and made the tensioner have more travel by putting it on a swinging arm
  8. F

DB-30 6.5hp engine kit parts

thanks for the info. id buy one if i had some cash. i found some parts around my house and came up with an idea.
  9. F

DB-30 6.5hp engine kit parts

just a question. since the bolt heads are covered up, How are you supposed to properly tighten them. Sice im 15 i have to have my dad kind of see what im doing and he is skeptical of it.
  10. F

engine mount slots

thanks for the response guys. I have to rethink my original idea
  11. F

engine mount slots

I know ther are alot of threads about slotting the stock mounting plate of the db30 but i havent found any pics. id greatly appreciate it someone could post a pic of their engine slots.:smile::grind::hack:
  12. F

Our experiences with Baja mini

i managed to get mine from tsc in town. It ws great for a while but then the clutch started to "bark". i figured i mine as well try to upgrade. Since i am only 15 i ask for hf 6.5for christmas. My grand parents got it for me. My whole point of this is, I dont weigh over 150 and it didn't last...
  13. F

Installing Electric Start on 6.5 Clone Harbor Frieght

I know this is an old thread but if i wanted to just put on the lighting coils what would i need. And if possible a price for the parts
  14. F

Moose Mini bike?? WTF?

I am in the middle of a doodle bug engine swap and i was thinking about shocks for my bug. I came up with the same concept as the mose. Just get some tubing that fits iver the top of the shock, and drill a hole in it so it doesn't pivot considering that most shocks have a ball pivot.
  15. F

harbor frieght 6.5 ?s

i read somewhere someone did this and the frame started twisting.