DB-30 6.5hp engine kit parts

I have engine kit parts for sale, all the parts needed to install the larger 6.5hp engine. These parts are designed to work with Baja Motorsports DB-30 mini bikes with 4 slots in the frame engine mounting plate and a 6.5hp Honda/clone/Harbor freight engine

You supply the 6.5hp Honda/clone/Harbor Freight engine

Parts that come in the kit:
Aluminum adapter plate and hardware
Aluminum and stainless steel clutch guard and hardware
Max-Torque clutch, crankshaft bolt and washers
Throttle parts (for easy throttle hook up)
Installation instruction CD
and some misc parts

$120 shipped, $125 shipped if paid with PayPal

Following the instructions on the CD and with basic hand tools the installation should take 2 - 3 hours

Anyone interested PM me or e-mail to:

cthompson37@sbcglobal.net

fonz

Nicely displayed in the pic Chris. Customers will know exactly what they're getting.

Chris has cut off the screws to the required length too! That's all extra unseen work on his part.

I agree fonz, nice set-up! With so many members with the DB-30's, if they properly use their search, Chris should sell a bunch of these! Real nice kit Chris!

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

hey chris what size bolt did you use to go on the shaft to hold your clutch on, and also thanks for the adapter plate and throttle parts setup was really easy with your instruction cd.

the bolt for the end of the crank is a 5/16-24 x 3/4 (not metric)

I glad to hear the plate and throttle parts hooked up easy.......that's the idea of the kit. Thanks!

just a question. since the bolt heads are covered up, How are you supposed to properly tighten them. Sice im 15 i have to have my dad kind of see what im doing and he is skeptical of it.

tomsprops

I think you tighten the plate to the engine first . Then tighten the plate to the mini . I'm 46 now I gotta go outside and make sure ! Don't forget ,Use Loctite or nylon locknuts .
I have another TIP Put a KILLSWITCH on the bars ! I had a Bolt wiggle lose and Jam my Throttle Wide open on a VERY FAST/POWERFUL DB30 !!! I was wishing it was there and not my engine !:doah:

i agree 100% on the kill switch, it's saved me a few times. you should be able to use the stock DB one (i think it's part of the throttle housing).

the kit is bolt on and designed to be easy to do (at least from all i've read here). if the two of you are even a little mechanically inclined you should be able to figure it out. you can also get plenty of help here if you run into any problems while doing it.

Last edited:

fonz

I gotta admit, when Chris first showed me his flat head bolt set up, I thought, "That will never work! The bolt heads will just spin and never tighten up!" Wrong!!! Somehow, I'm guessing because it's an aluminum plate and malleable, the bolt heads do bind up and grab!! I doubt if it would work with a steel plate, but Chris made a believer out of me with the aluminum one for sure!! The only other thing might be if the bolt heads stick up about 0.010 above the plate forcing a binding condition. I'll have to ask him about that! I forget if the heads spun free or were already locked up when the plate was bolted to the engine first.

Last edited:
Do the tapered bolts have a hex head allen wrench slot? Tighten the plate with the original holes, then mount the engine??? It seems like the picture I saw the plate had counter sunk flat fitting fastener's. If they do not or cannot use an allen wrench, replace them at the hardware store. I am sure they can be tightened correctly first to the engine plate. Then drill the engine mount holes through the indicated spots on the plate...:hammer:

TT

Last edited:
the flat head cap screws lock into the taper in the plate once tightened.
the plate must be fastened to the engine first, then the engine/plate installed in the frame. The engine is to tall to fit over the bolts if the plate is installed first. I've installed these plates in so many bikes (including my own) I lost count, with no problems

the kit hooks up the 6.5hp engine on the DB-30 super easy. no drilling ,welding, filing just bolt on and go. my kit has directions and the parts for easy and reliable throttle hook up and kill switch on the handlebars

I ordered one of these parts kit from cjtmini. And I am very pleased. He shipped it right out and it truly does have everything you'll need to swap out the engines. No running back and forth to the hardware store. Loved that. The kit is well worth it. Thanks Chris.

I bought one of these kits for our DB-30. The quality was great. The instructions are clear and concise. I recommend this kit for anyone who is going to convert their DB-30.

The only problem we had was deciding who got to ride the bike after the conversion!