Recent content by The Uker of oz

1. The Uker of oz

Gilson / Wards front fork springs?

Gilson front replacement springs??? Well...it's been a while since I've been on the forum....but I've got a little time and a new project. I tried searching through old posts, but didn't have any luck. So I'll try my luck with a post... I'm looking for info or specs on the front springs on...
  2. The Uker of oz

Fox Doodle Bug front fork help needed....

Good info so far....thanks! Ahhhh.....ok, I'm starting to get this I think. So do the holes in the lower fork tubes do anything? Maybe to depress the pin to get them back off...? These inner fork tubes are about 10.5".....the finish on them is rough...looks like they were ground (poorly)...
  3. The Uker of oz

Nope....definately not there. There are no holes (or broken off pins) anywhere on that inner rod. So what would that pin stop on? The bushing? I'm having a hard time envisioning how this worked (and I design machines for a living! Kinda having a "duh" moment here....) I'm wondering if it would...
  4. The Uker of oz

I still suck at posting photos.....
  5. fork22

fork22

6. fork5

fork5

7. The Uker of oz

I picked up what appears to be a Fox Doodle Bug frame. I'm doing detective work trying to figure out if the front end is original, and how it works (the suspension mainly). I think the P.O. Might have replaced/ modified the inner fork tube as they are what appears to be just 5/8" round stock...
  8. The Uker of oz

HS30 NOS in the box!

I had to share this...cuz I'm stoked about picking this up....(and the wife just doesn't get it!!!) Picked up this HS30 NOS in the box from a neighbor that I grew up with who used to work at Tecumseh....he found it when cleaning out the basement! Now I need a project to put it in!
  9. HS30 Crate Motor!

HS30 Crate Motor!

My neighbor growing up (still lives next to my parents) worked at Tecumseh in Grafton, WI for many years. All his lawn and snow equipment always had new motors on them. He used to have boxes in his basement of brand new motors from the 70's. He's long since retired, and his stock has all but...
  10. The Uker of oz

Fox roller for sale!

Where in SW Wisconsin are you?? Might be interested if it's not too far from me.... Thanks, Todd
  11. The Uker of oz

Jack Shafts...why? Pros and Cons

Woah.....that is really cool! Surprised it's not more popular.....seems like a pretty simple way to do it. Plus you could pull it out and use it on something else if you're the type that likes to keep mixing and matching and trying new things. Interesting.... might have to go that way:thumbsup...
  12. The Uker of oz

mini bike wheels for sale

I'll take 'em.....PM sent... Todd
  13. The Uker of oz

mini bike wheels for sale

Hey Frank, What size is the sprocket? Are the bearings usable? I've never bought anything on the classifieds here....I'm assuming you do PayPal or something for payment? Thanks, Todd "the Uker of OZ"
  14. The Uker of oz

Ok....that makes some sense....no floppy chain = good:thumbsup:
  15. The Uker of oz

MAC..... I'm gonna stick my neck out here..... Why does two make it less likely to pop a chain off? Seems counterintuitive...seems like more chains, more problems. Please explain..... (now it is getting later in my work day.....so maybe that's the reason I can't wrap my head around this...