RE-use...RE-cycle...RE-purpose...here's what I did!

CarPlayLB

I was wanting a different looking clutch guard, and here's what I came up with. Started with a Power Products 1000 recoil housing and added the round plate to the outside. I fabbed some brackets...hated them, so I figured to harness 22.88HP of pure Briggs bliss, a plate would be in order. It will help reduce flex and give me a solid mounting point. All this was done with a hammer and a screwdriver (and a few other tools!). If you can think it, you can do it!
Here's the plate

and here it is mounted to the engine

...and with the new clutch cover installed

What the?!!!!.......................I'm hanging up my hammer!! :doah: Truly one of the nicest well done things I've seen posted in a long time!!!! :bowdown:

Nice work!!! I assume that's the ST100? I don't read all posts here religiously, did I miss a pic/thread of a full view of the progress? What rear fender did you go with? And how about a full view of the progress?!?!?!:drool:

I keep reading you say it's quick and easy to shine things to a mirror finish. That's why everybody does it as well as you do, nice job.

markus

Aww man, I was just about to say "I know a guy" as I have one of those covers rotting away in my parts......I dug it out and realized its reverse rotation of that one and the teardrop faces the OTHER way :doah: Oh well, maybe it will work south of the equator :laugh:

Came out really cool Eric :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Thanks to all!
Seeing what the rest of you create pushes me to make different stuff! I am not that creative on my own!

Ashbyota...this is in fact the Taco ST100 I am finally working on. After buying no less than 6 sets of forks, I finally cobbled together a set that would work. I will post a thread very soon...juts a couple more things to get!

CarPlayLB

Looks good but why not have it follow the chainline? I would put it on more of a angle....
That is the beauty of minibikin', you can do whatever you want, on your bikes! Let's see how you did yours.

I did think about that but with only 3 bolts holding it on, I did not want the rear most bolt hole that close to the chain!