Search results

1. Gadget Man

Cushman / Predator / Jackshaft Questions

Thanks Chipper I'll check that out.
  2. Gadget Man

I think I figured out how to attach a few photos. Nothing is finalized or welded into position here, the gear on the jackshaft right now is a 26 tooth. I have nothing on the side coming from the Torque Converter.
  3. Gadget Man

Greetings I've taken on a new project, I found a 1959 Cushman Highlander scooter and am doing sort of a Resto-Mod restoration on it. It came minus the engine. Since I can't afford $1000. for the original Husky motor, I'm going to go with a Predator 212 cc engine. I've used that engine with the...
  4. Gadget Man

Db30r question

I have a question, I'm trying to mount the torque converter to the predator motor exactly like you did, but that is that thread pattern on the back of the Predator engine? The bolts that came with it, don't seam to fit, it feels like it's cross-threading the cast engine block. I've tried other...
  5. Gadget Man

Exhaust Wrap. Looks Great, but What a Mess.

Well, since my first attempt at painting my header failed miserably,I decided to wrap it with that fiberglass exhaust wrap. I ordered the black wrap and the stainless steel zip-ties from E-bay for $16.00 with free shipping. Then I chemically stripped the old 500 degree high temp paint off and...
  6. Gadget Man

Doodle Bug Build Pics. Before and After

Thanks Guys. It's sort of a standard Doodle Bug re-build with OldMiniBikes parts. The frame was stripped and painted with metallic blue and then clear coated. I ordered the tank from Kings Motorized Bike Parts, It arrived damaged. The paint was all scuffed up from poor packaging so it had to be...
  7. Gadget Man

Doodle Bug Build Pics. Before and After

Greetings I have not posted any build photos of my Doodle Bug project until now. Today was the first day it was off my workbench and on the ground. It rode fine, until the chain fell off. I don't think I had the engine plate tightened enough. This started out as a frame I purchased off...
  8. Gadget Man

Header temperature ?

After double checking, I found out my paint was only 500 degree engine enamel, not exhaust header paint. And there were no special instructions on the can about how to deal with high temps. Oh well, I used the black paint on other parts. I've decided to strip it off and have already ordered...
  9. Gadget Man

Mini bike oil catch can breather

I understand the need for the crankcase to breath, thus the tube and the filter. but if I have not really changed anything as far as the compression goes, I should not experience a lot of excessive oil going everywhere. ? My little filter should hold most of it...?
  10. Gadget Man

Header temperature ?

Oh Crap, so I guess I'll have to chemically strip off the paint and start over. I don't want it smoking and burning every time I ride it. Now, as far as this oil treatment, how do you heat it up, in the oven or with a torch? how hot is hot? Then do you basically pour a line of oil right across...
  11. Gadget Man

Header temperature ?

I have a Predator Hemi and have installed the Stage 1 build up kit from OldMiniBikes. I did a nice job of painting the header pipe with 500 degree "high temp" paint. Well...I finally got all my last pieces put on the bike and started my engine for the first time tonight. Wow... the paint started to...
  12. Gadget Man

Mini bike oil catch can breather

Can someone explain the entire oil breather catch can thing? I put a cool little filter on my Predator hemi breather tube, but not any type of "catch can" Do I need one? Gadget Man
  13. Gadget Man

How sensitive is the Predator oil sensor?

Thanks guys. It's done, I cut the wire and removed the relay and all the un-needed wires. I also took the switch apart and re-soldered the "black wire" straight back to the switch so it's all one color now. Oh, Did I mention I'm a little OCD ? I'd love to post a few pictures of my...
  14. Gadget Man

How sensitive is the Predator oil sensor?

Hopefully a simple question... On my Predator Hemi build, how sensitive is the oil sensor? I've read that it will shut down simply by riding around corners. I've also read it will shut the engine down when doing wheelies? The wheelie thing I can understand, but shutting down while leaning into...
  15. Gadget Man

Help with Doodlebug Remote Gas Tank

I found this thread while searching for answers for what fuel valve to use on my bicycle gas tank that I ordered from Kings Motorbikes. I have cut the front two studs off and have the tank mounted just fine, but I'm struggling with finding a fuel line fitting. I know Kings sells one, but now I...
  16. Gadget Man

Doodle Bug / HF Hemi clutch question

Thanks for the replys guys. I don't want to spend the money on a new rear sprocket right now when there are so many other parts I need. That's why I want to keep the original 65 tooth for now. Being a noob, I have no way to judge the difference between a 12 and a 13 tooth front sprocket. Thats...
  17. Gadget Man

Doodle Bug / HF Hemi clutch question

Greetings. I'm doing a Doodle Bug build with a Predator hemi engine. So far I've replaced the worn out tires with the Snow Hog tires that are about an inch taller than stock. I plan on installing the OldMiniBikes Stage 1 kit and leaving the governor intact for now. I'm getting ready to place my...
  18. Gadget Man

My clone is ready to fire

Looks great. That's the final look I'm going for on my DB Hemi install. I see you also removed the air shroud from the engine for a cleaner look. Any problems with that? Also have any of you guys gone so far as to cut off the old gas tank mounting brackets to really clean up the looks...
  19. Gadget Man

1st doodle bug

1troy7 So are you saying I can't just spray paint over the powder coat? I am going for a total color change, from red to possibly a blue. And pure havoc What tires are those, and where did you buy them. I'm looking for something similar. Are they Snow Hawgs? Thanks Gadget Man
  20. Gadget Man

1st doodle bug

Greetings. I'm in the same boat as PH. I bought a DB frame off Craigslist and have started to plan my re-build. First will be new paint. Does it matter if it's powder coated? I planned to just scuff it up and do a good primer coat and then a nice top coat with a rattle can from Home Depot...