Search results

1. aceofsp8des

OHV problems.

i am currently running a early 2000's 5.5s briggs intek OHV. for a while i was running straight air, no filter. this was partialy because of a small fuel leak out of the intake. this was a minor headache but the (free) engine still ran, so it was cool with me. one day my brother comes up to me...
  2. aceofsp8des

Intek 190 water in cylinder

i recently aquired a new Briggs Intek 190. this was on its way to the scrap pile when i found it! :shrug: i was on my way to pick up an old yamaha QT50.... ano ther story! anyway, the dude said the carb didnt work so i guess he was dumb/rich enough to buy a whole new setup. this also came...
  3. aceofsp8des

black and yellow.

a friend of mine recently gave me an early 80s yellow, 5hp flatty. i wanted to get it running without the hassle of messing with the old flowjet carb, so i used the carb and tank off of my recently screwed '95 flatty. as i proceded to drill a new mounting hole it lined up perfectly. this...
  4. aceofsp8des

Handier than a doorknob!

chime in and tell us what you just cant live without! whether this be your phone, your car, favorite tool, or anything else! (weed) hahaha joking! :laugh: totaly joking.
  5. aceofsp8des

oldschool Doodlebug resto

I came in contact with an older gentleman who has an 'origional' (not china) doodlebug. his wife is pushing him to either fix it up or get rid of it... i was referred by his grand daughter to restore it. i am asking for your two cents on what do to, where to buy parts, and just overall...
  6. aceofsp8des

potential trike score?!?!

my neighbor just texted me and said he could hook me up with a 8hp trike plus a run down pocketbike for 175! im gonna go halfs with him. :biggrin:
  7. aceofsp8des

mini bike (mis)adventure!!!

so me and my minibike gang decided to go on a minibike adventure to a nearby town about 8 miles away via country roads. well due to the fact that this little town was set in a valley, and we were on the high ground, we totaly overshot the town. we had spotted a grain elevator we thought marked...
  8. aceofsp8des

briggs repaint

i am planning to repaint my 3hp briggs sometime in the near future. how would i go about this...? take everything apart, sand down, prime, and use some hardcore block/engine paint? thanks for any advice
  9. aceofsp8des

what are you packin'?

a freind of mine amazed me as he emptied his pockets for me one time. this dude had duct tape rolled onto a pencil stub! this got me thinking, and i started throwing a couple essentials into my own pockets lighter, mini pliers, spool of wire, pocket knife, pocket notebook. so share what you...
  10. aceofsp8des

my loss, your gain.

i had a 5hp briggs that ran like a sewing machine. i took it apart to replace the crankshaft. as i was trying to crank it over to get it to run, it siezed up on me. upon further inspection i found that i scoured the cylinder. this is a 1995 5hp Briggs and Stratton with a flowjet carb. all the...
  11. aceofsp8des

ive done it now.

before i start, let me say that i used the 'search' to see if i could find an old post on this, and i couldnt find anything. i recently took apart my '95 5hp briggs to replace the crankshaft. i carefully made sure i didnt loose any parts and im 99% sure all the pieces/parts are still there...
  12. aceofsp8des

calling all master welders!

I am looking into buying a welding kit. I am a dude of 17 with no previous welding experience. i dont have alot of money, so help me out with nailing down a cheap (no too cheap) 'begginer' kit. the purpose i am going to put it too would be putting together a frame from scratch. so your imput on...
  13. aceofsp8des

Choke while runing...?

so i got a late 70's (??????) briggs with a minibike frame. so i decided to put it on my DB30 frame just for something to do, and what i found is that you have to run it with the pull choke thinger out almost all the way. with the choke in, it will idle, but die out when i throttle it up. ive...
  14. aceofsp8des

5hp briggs crankshaft

need a longer shaft for my minibike. turns out my briggs was a pump engine :shrug: go figure. so the driveshaft is only 1 inch long. i am needing a longer shaft. here is my model and part number model: 135202-0258-01 part number: 397102 if any one has a good one laying around for...
  15. aceofsp8des

Drive shaft too short!!!!!

I aquired a Flathead 5hp Briggs. as i attemped to 'rotate' the clutch to acomodate the chain... i noticed that the drive shaft is only one inch long?!?! :blink: the keyway is on the opposite side of the gears. all of you probably knew that, but since there wasnt any keyway on the needed side, i...
  16. aceofsp8des

Sensation Mike Bike 'refurbish'

hey folks, i just recently joined OldMiniBikes, and am loving it! this is a great site to browse in my spare time or to get ideas and pointers! well back to my project! i recently aquired a 70's Sensation Mike Bike. the previous owner had painted over the ugly green with a red paint, but didnt sand...