Search results

1. B

Thermal Arc Dragster 80 control knob

I broke it, anyone know where I can pick one up? Found an owners manual online with part # 830567 (knob) listed but it doesn't look like Thermal Arc makes the dragster 80 or sells parts for them any longer. Either that or I'm just too stoopid too find it. These things only go for 50...
  2. B

Mikuni Float Adjustment

Thats exactly what I have thanks for clearing that up for me! This is what i assumed and was going trying to do but i guess its pretty touchy. Ill just keep toying with it till I get it right. Thanks for the help guys much appreciated, Brian. S
  3. B

Mikuni Float Adjustment

Anyone know what the proper adjustment on the float arm is for a 22mm Mikuni VM? It is one of the ones from AGK. I downloaded the free mikuni tuning manual from their website but the part about float arm adjustment is confusing, i cant figure out which model is referring to mine. Look at the...
  4. B

Billet flywheel

Yea it fits, I kinda just eyeballed it but it may stick out further. There's about an inche of play where the pawls from the starter stick out though so it doesnt have to be exactly the same length, some starters have a spacer as well if you need to move the recoil out further. Heres a pic of...
  5. B

Billet flywheel

Here ya go, sorry it took so long got busy with some other stuff Didnt do anything special just put the bolts in one by one marking off the area that i needed to cut out each time with a sharpie, nothing scientific..
  6. B

Start issues

just removed the flywheel and the key was sheered off that may have been the issue..ill report back soon
  7. B

Start issues

So Isky sent me an email letting me know that the cam journals on HF engines are larger, the only problem is im not sure what kind of engine this one is, i belive i bought it at pep boys about 4-5 yrs ago, definetly not a HF, anyways i measured the cam journals and they were the same as my stock...
  8. B

something is wrong with my cone!!!

Its probably just your new cam, its gonna lug at low rpm. I wouldnt worry about it.
  9. B

Start issues

So it seems like both of you are saying its running lean and dasboata is suggesting its most likely due to an air leak correct? That is one thing i did not check and probably should have. Its to late now but it'll be 1st thing i do tommorrow morning. Im wondering if the stock jet isnt flowing...
  10. B

Start issues

been wrestling with this thing all day and it still wont start, it ran for about a minute but only with full choke and throttle opened up all the way :shrug: i have checked valve lash cam timing and ignition timing as well as the magneto gap, everything seems fine, plz help guys im at wits end here
  11. B

Start issues

Just installed Black mamba cam with honda flat top piston and 28 lbs springs now the little guy wont start. Im waiting on a 22mm mikuni so for now it has the stock carb on it, i know its not going to like that stocker but i figure it should idle at least... anyways its got spark, carbs clean...
  12. B

Billet flywheel

Bolts werent so intrusive as to make the cup useless so i dremeled out the areas where the screws hit the starter cup, worked out nice. Ill post pics later if anyones interested in seeing.
  13. B

Billet flywheel

Just tried on the adjustable billet and the adjusting bolts are in the way... Is there an aftermarket starter cup i can get?
  14. B

TAV30 series question

Wow, that is a little reading material. Some really good info in there just gotta read the entire thing lol. Thnx bikerscum cant tell you how helpful that thread is!
  15. B

Stock Honda GX series parts to modify stock 212cc Predator?

gx390 definetely has a better carb, its 21 mm vs your stock 16 IIRC. Youll need an adapter though. I think the gx160 head has slightly better flowing/bigger intake port than the gx200 head but im not sure about that..
  16. B

TAV30 series question

HAS A SPRING TENSIONER!!! I have been looking everywhere for a stiffer replacement spring on the Driven pulley on my 30 series so i could keep a lower ratio but apparently theres already a tensioner there :facepalm: But im still wondering if it will be good to spin up to 6-7k ish? Just bought...
  17. B

Predator questions?

Shit maybe i should return it then, i kinda just it accepted it as the price of a cheap imitiation engine but if im the only one aw man i just ordered an ARC adjusty looks like ill have a little extra work to do...
  18. B

Predator questions?

i just bought the new predator from hf and the vibrations are pretty rediculous, it rattled the bolts right off my handle bars in the first 20 minutes. No problem some locktight cant fix but yea my old clone seemed much smoother. Other than that though it seems to be an okay engine so far. Well...
  19. B

Billet flywheel

Awesome thanks!
  20. B

Billet flywheel

Sorry in advance for the noob questions which im sure have already been answered somewhere in here but my google fu isnt working so great today. So basically what i wanted was a billet flywheel that i can still use my pull starter on, and also id like the ability to adjust the timing a little...